Fall/Winter trends: drop that, gorgeous
Monday 29 August 2011
Drop fall's hemlines like they're hot - this season's new silhouettes are all about lowering yourself to a new level.
Everyone from David Koma to Prada, Jil Sander and Jason Wu showcased knee-length or just-below-the-knee skirts during the fall/winter shows this year; the "midi" - which is already ranking high on style sites like Polyvore - will be the hemline to go for come the colder season and goes especially well with Mad Men-inspired retro looks.
But skirts' hemlines are not the only ones to get dropped: houses including Dior showed 1920s-inspired drop waists and winter's trendiest coats will be floor-length, as seen at Chanel, to go with grunge-y styles. As a coat alternative, try a cape: Donna Karan or Arzu Kaprol presented modern interpretations, and Dior even combined the floor-swiping length and cape trend into one.
If you want to invest in one more new piece this fall, make it a tailored sleeveless vest, seen at Giorgio Armani, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...