Fall/Winter trends: drop that, gorgeous
Monday 29 August 2011
Drop fall's hemlines like they're hot - this season's new silhouettes are all about lowering yourself to a new level.
Everyone from David Koma to Prada, Jil Sander and Jason Wu showcased knee-length or just-below-the-knee skirts during the fall/winter shows this year; the "midi" - which is already ranking high on style sites like Polyvore - will be the hemline to go for come the colder season and goes especially well with Mad Men-inspired retro looks.
But skirts' hemlines are not the only ones to get dropped: houses including Dior showed 1920s-inspired drop waists and winter's trendiest coats will be floor-length, as seen at Chanel, to go with grunge-y styles. As a coat alternative, try a cape: Donna Karan or Arzu Kaprol presented modern interpretations, and Dior even combined the floor-swiping length and cape trend into one.
If you want to invest in one more new piece this fall, make it a tailored sleeveless vest, seen at Giorgio Armani, for instance.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...