Fall/Winter trends: fly high with the season's updated masculine aviator chic
Thursday 01 September 2011
Menswear designers have moved on from the literal interpretations, only hinting at the trend this fall.
This season's aviator looks are still military-inspired but incorporate key elements rather than going for the full-on version: Alexander McQueen put shearling collars on coats, for instance, while Ermanno Scervino did the same with his jackets and blazers. A very subtle way of working the trend into your wardrobe remains aviator glasses, as seen on Maison Martin Margiela's Fall/Winter runway.
If you're searching for a classic bomber jacket, look to Costume National for inspiration: their aviator jackets were among the most traditionally styled versions of the season.
Life & Style blogs
An app for the amorous: Could Good2Go end disputes about sexual consent - without being a passion-killer?
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Stoptober: How I stopped smoking for good
Wild ram head-butts drone out the sky, waits for pilot to turn up then head-butts him too
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Group: Key stage 3 and 4 Teacher requi...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Teacher of Religious Education ...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: A Level Chemistry Teacher - Humb...
£100 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is actively r...