Fall/Winter trends: go dark with your makeup
Tuesday 23 August 2011
Fall's colors are always a few shades darker than summer's, but this year you have permission to go all the way, experimenting with more modern takes on goth and grunge looks.
During the Fall/Winter shows, many designers were inspired by the 1990s, pairing their outfits with dark - even black! - lips (Lela Rose, Ashley Isham), bold eyebrows (Frankie Morello, Nicholas K), and dark, metallic eye makeup (Gaspard Yurkievich).
This season's evening looks will seem even more modern when combined with a bit of creative eyeliner: fashion-forward designers such as Jeremy Scott or Kinder Aggugini showed expressive winged styles and can serve as inspiration for your own interpretation.
Fall's traditional makeup colors, such as gold, copper, brown, and red, remain popular this year, as seen on Jill Stuart's and many other runways.
Life & Style blogs
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca reclaims top spot to be named world's best restaurant
Windows 10: apps and features killed off as Microsoft reveals limits of new operating system
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a solutions / s...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you inspired to bring new a...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...