Fall/Winter trends: go dark with your makeup
Tuesday 23 August 2011
Fall's colors are always a few shades darker than summer's, but this year you have permission to go all the way, experimenting with more modern takes on goth and grunge looks.
During the Fall/Winter shows, many designers were inspired by the 1990s, pairing their outfits with dark - even black! - lips (Lela Rose, Ashley Isham), bold eyebrows (Frankie Morello, Nicholas K), and dark, metallic eye makeup (Gaspard Yurkievich).
This season's evening looks will seem even more modern when combined with a bit of creative eyeliner: fashion-forward designers such as Jeremy Scott or Kinder Aggugini showed expressive winged styles and can serve as inspiration for your own interpretation.
Fall's traditional makeup colors, such as gold, copper, brown, and red, remain popular this year, as seen on Jill Stuart's and many other runways.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
£100 - £130 per day + Excellent rates of Pay, Excellent CPD : Randstad Educati...
£90 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: NQT and Experienced Primary Teac...
£100 - £130 per day + Excellent rates of pay, Free CPD: Randstad Education Sou...
£21000 - £30000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: Upper KS2 Primary Teacher...