Fall/Winter trends: go dark with your makeup
Tuesday 23 August 2011
Fall's colors are always a few shades darker than summer's, but this year you have permission to go all the way, experimenting with more modern takes on goth and grunge looks.
During the Fall/Winter shows, many designers were inspired by the 1990s, pairing their outfits with dark - even black! - lips (Lela Rose, Ashley Isham), bold eyebrows (Frankie Morello, Nicholas K), and dark, metallic eye makeup (Gaspard Yurkievich).
This season's evening looks will seem even more modern when combined with a bit of creative eyeliner: fashion-forward designers such as Jeremy Scott or Kinder Aggugini showed expressive winged styles and can serve as inspiration for your own interpretation.
Fall's traditional makeup colors, such as gold, copper, brown, and red, remain popular this year, as seen on Jill Stuart's and many other runways.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
Contraceptive pill 'can affect emotions by changing structure of brain'
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...