Fall/Winter trends: go dark with your makeup
Tuesday 23 August 2011
Fall's colors are always a few shades darker than summer's, but this year you have permission to go all the way, experimenting with more modern takes on goth and grunge looks.
During the Fall/Winter shows, many designers were inspired by the 1990s, pairing their outfits with dark - even black! - lips (Lela Rose, Ashley Isham), bold eyebrows (Frankie Morello, Nicholas K), and dark, metallic eye makeup (Gaspard Yurkievich).
This season's evening looks will seem even more modern when combined with a bit of creative eyeliner: fashion-forward designers such as Jeremy Scott or Kinder Aggugini showed expressive winged styles and can serve as inspiration for your own interpretation.
Fall's traditional makeup colors, such as gold, copper, brown, and red, remain popular this year, as seen on Jill Stuart's and many other runways.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...