Fall/Winter trends: go dark with your makeup
Sunday 04 September 2011
Fall's colors are always a few shades darker than summer's, but this year you have permission to go all the way, experimenting with more modern takes on goth and grunge looks.
During the Fall/Winter shows, many designers were inspired by the 1990s, pairing their outfits with dark - even black! - lips (Lela Rose, Ashley Isham), bold eyebrows (Frankie Morello, Nicholas K), and dark, metallic eye makeup (Gaspard Yurkievich).
This season's evening looks will seem even more modern when combined with a bit of creative eyeliner: fashion-forward designers such as Jeremy Scott or Kinder Aggugini showed expressive winged styles and can serve as inspiration for your own interpretation.
Fall's traditional makeup colors, such as gold, copper, brown, and red, remain popular this year, as seen on Jill Stuart's and many other runways.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Zero divided by zero: Ask Siri a simple question, have your social life mocked
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 3 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 4 Greece crisis: Crowdfunding campaign crashes Indiegogo, raises half a million in just three days
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a 3-4 month pro rata fi...
£16000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Telesales Executive is requir...