Fall/Winter trends: go floriental this season or try clashing colors
Saturday 27 August 2011
This fall's prints vary between florals and Asian-inspired designs, while unusual color combinations are set to mix up your wardrobe.
Flower prints also came as part of oriental outfits, as seen at Jil Sander and Mary Katrantzou. Meanwhile, transition your polka-dotted summer pieces into fall like Marc Jacobs did, and stripes - like Commun's - will go well with the continuing color-block trend.
Brands such as Sass & Bide combined seemingly clashing colors like orange and pink or pink and red for fresh-looking outfits, while others including Blumarine went for one bright hue from head to toe.
If you want to stay loyal to fall's more traditional color palette - mustard, wine, olive, and brown - turn to the likes of Miu Miu or Mulberry for inspiration. One of the season's trendiest prints, tartan (as seen at Sonia Rykiel, for instance) goes especially well with these hues.
For some more fresh takes on patterns, try printed transparent blouses under cardigans or just sheer printed maxi dresses (e.g., John Galliano) or opt for printed pants (e.g., Derek Lam).
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video Doodle to mark the day
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...