Fall/Winter trends: guys, man up for this season's feminine accessories
Tuesday 30 August 2011
From silk scarves to clutches and even ballet flats, designers borrow from the ladies for men's accessories this fall.
The trendiest bags of the season are oversized and often take shopper-inspired designs: Versace presented large leather bags worn over the shoulder, and Frankie Morello sent his models out with huge flat bags, while Gucci had traveler cases in feminine colors and shapes and Prada went as far as man clutches in pastel hues.
Things got even more literal in shoes, with Vivienne Westwood outfitting her guys in golden ballet flats, complete with little pink bows. But the British designer also had choices for the less daring fashionistos: her woven shoes were soft, yet masculine. The other dominant footwear option this fall couldn't be further away from ballet flats: heavy military boots are making a comeback, and Lanvin and Ann Demeulemeester were just two designers participating in the trend.
Another subtle way of playing with feminine accessories came courtesy of Hermès that showed pink, silky scarves with its suits.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...