Fall/Winter trends: guys, man up for this season's feminine accessories
Tuesday 30 August 2011
From silk scarves to clutches and even ballet flats, designers borrow from the ladies for men's accessories this fall.
The trendiest bags of the season are oversized and often take shopper-inspired designs: Versace presented large leather bags worn over the shoulder, and Frankie Morello sent his models out with huge flat bags, while Gucci had traveler cases in feminine colors and shapes and Prada went as far as man clutches in pastel hues.
Things got even more literal in shoes, with Vivienne Westwood outfitting her guys in golden ballet flats, complete with little pink bows. But the British designer also had choices for the less daring fashionistos: her woven shoes were soft, yet masculine. The other dominant footwear option this fall couldn't be further away from ballet flats: heavy military boots are making a comeback, and Lanvin and Ann Demeulemeester were just two designers participating in the trend.
Another subtle way of playing with feminine accessories came courtesy of Hermès that showed pink, silky scarves with its suits.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
- < Previous
- Next >
Not Specified: Recruitment Genius: An exciting and rewarding role exists for a...
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Excellent opportun...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: My client are l...