Fall/Winter trends: men won't escape the cape
Thursday 01 September 2011
Thanks to the riding trend, womenswear was all about capes last fall, and guys are following suit. No wonder: the lack of handbags makes this look even more wearable for them.
In addition to the classic coat, this whimsical substitute popped up in both Paris and Milan, at labels that ranged from luxury to avant-garde, and in all thinkable finishes.
While Alexander McQueen used blue tartan patterns and lambswool collars, Dior Homme and Kris van Assche went for more demure models in grey or black, fitted with buttons or zippers.
Labels including Frankie Morello and Roberto Cavalli got inspired by this winter's folklore trend and presented knitted, poncho-like capes in warm fall colors. Trussardi presented the luxury version in black leather, as opposed to Iceberg and Yves Saint Laurent who showed sweater-inspired designs fit for everyday life.
More adventurous designers, such as Walter von Beirendonck or Miharayasuhiro, gave the fashionable man even more to choose from, such as asymmetrical, layered and multi-colored capes.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...