Fall/Winter trends: menswear staples play with proportions
Tuesday 30 August 2011
This season's blazers are either oversized or very slim, tuxedo jackets get re-interpreted, pants are baggy or skinny and cropped - update menswear classics for a modern feel this fall.
Look to designers such as Issey Miyake for a study on new shapes for the coming season: the Japanese label managed to combine oversized blazers and man skirts in outfits that read as sharp.
Other brands, including Salvatore Ferragamo and Costume National Homme, did the opposite to attain a fresh look and cropped their jackets or blazers for a tighter, more body-conscious silhouette, while Alexander McQueen showed cropped tuxedo jackets. But if you're looking to invest in just one new piece this season, make it a light leather jacket, as seen at Gucci, Versace, and Emporio Armani.
Jackets are not the only things that can be cropped for an updated look this fall, however: the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Vivienne Westwood, and Kenzo did the same with this season's pants, or just rolled them up for a similar effect.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...