Fall/Winter trends: menswear staples play with proportions
Tuesday 30 August 2011
This season's blazers are either oversized or very slim, tuxedo jackets get re-interpreted, pants are baggy or skinny and cropped - update menswear classics for a modern feel this fall.
Look to designers such as Issey Miyake for a study on new shapes for the coming season: the Japanese label managed to combine oversized blazers and man skirts in outfits that read as sharp.
Other brands, including Salvatore Ferragamo and Costume National Homme, did the opposite to attain a fresh look and cropped their jackets or blazers for a tighter, more body-conscious silhouette, while Alexander McQueen showed cropped tuxedo jackets. But if you're looking to invest in just one new piece this season, make it a light leather jacket, as seen at Gucci, Versace, and Emporio Armani.
Jackets are not the only things that can be cropped for an updated look this fall, however: the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Vivienne Westwood, and Kenzo did the same with this season's pants, or just rolled them up for a similar effect.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
Alzheimer's breakthrough: Scientists may have found potential cause of the disease in the behaviour of immune cells - giving new hope to millions
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Professional big game hunter Ian Gibson crushed to death by elephant during hunt
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...