Fall/Winter trends: plaid squares off in menswear
Friday 02 September 2011
The 1990s' most popular pattern came back in modern shapes and silhouettes during the men's fall/winter shows.
Japanese fashion house Kenzo went as far as presenting head-to-toe plaid looks, but there were also a few more subtle options: Paris-based designer Alexis Mabille showed plaid vests, and Dolce & Gabbana's trendier label D&G had blazer/bomber jacket hybrids in plaid.
Dutch duo Viktor & Rolf used plaid and tweed in many of their outfits, while Richard Chai opted for a lumberjack aesthetic and Vivienne Westwood's Red Label had plaid mini kilts and suits.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...