Fall/Winter trends: plaid squares off in menswear
Friday 02 September 2011
The 1990s' most popular pattern came back in modern shapes and silhouettes during the men's fall/winter shows.
Japanese fashion house Kenzo went as far as presenting head-to-toe plaid looks, but there were also a few more subtle options: Paris-based designer Alexis Mabille showed plaid vests, and Dolce & Gabbana's trendier label D&G had blazer/bomber jacket hybrids in plaid.
Dutch duo Viktor & Rolf used plaid and tweed in many of their outfits, while Richard Chai opted for a lumberjack aesthetic and Vivienne Westwood's Red Label had plaid mini kilts and suits.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...