Fashion designer Bijan Pakzad dead at 67
Monday 18 April 2011
Iranian-American fashion designer Bijan Pakzad, who made clothes for countless celebrities from the worlds of entertainment and politics, has died at the age of 67, his company announced.
"Today, Saturday April 16th 2011, at 8:05 am our dear Dr. Bijan Pakzad passed away peacefully with his family members at his side," said a recorded audio statement prepared by the luxury clothing store Bijan ran in Beverly Hills.
No cause of death was given. But celebrity website TMZ reported that Bijan had suffered a stroke Thursday night and was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Bijan, as he was generally known, was a legend in the fashion and perfume business and designed clothes for movie stars and world leaders.
His clients included presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, actors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Cruise and Anthony Hopkins, as well as fellow fashion designers Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford and Oscar de la Renta.
His Rodeo Drive boutique is known as the most expensive store in the world.
Bijan came to the United States from Iran in 1973. He is survived by three children from two marriages.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...