Fashion house denies rumors about alleged ousting of head designer
Saturday 26 February 2011
Parisian fashion house Yves Saint Laurent has defended its creative head Stefano Pilati after several bloggers had suspected him to be on his way out.
YSL's official Twitter account tweeted: "From YSL HQ in Paris... Pilati busy working on the next collection. All the rumors unfounded - he is here to stay."
Shopping site Racked and several other publications including Elle and Hintmag had suggested Pilati could be ousted from the fashion house after a publicist tweeted that a certain designer would show his last collection for an established French house this season - a fashion house that just lost its CEO, which YSL did with Valerie Hermann last week.
Yves Saint Laurent's reaction also puts rumors of a potential succession by Hedi Slimane to rest, as well as a possible move of Pilati to Armani.
Meanwhile, another designer has joined the game of musical chairs: John Galliano was just suspended from fashion house Dior after making anti-semitic remarks about guests at La Perle, a hip bar in the Parisian Marais district. No word yet on how and if his collections for Dior as well as his namesake label - scheduled for March 4 and March 6, respectively - will be finished in time for Paris fashion week. The future of Kate Moss's wedding dress, which he is reportedly designing (rather than herself, as previously rumored), is also still written in the stars.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...