Accessories all areas
Autumn's hard-edged glamour requires killer heels, delectable bags and dramatic jewellery. The devil really is in the detail, says Gemma Hayward
Monday 24 August 2009
As the new season dawns, it's time to inject your wardrobe with the key accessories to transform your overall look - at least for the next six months. Refreshingly, there are actually a few rather sensible items hitting the shelves this time.
Find classic handbags in the most pliable of leathers, which feel chic rather than frumpy, and even a flat boot or two for blister-free bliss. But more daring fashion fanatics should stifle those yawns, for there is still drama in the air: opulent velvet heels, futuristic visor sunglasses, oversized necklaces and even a knuckle-duster thrown in for your statement-making pleasure. If your purse strings are pulled as tight as one of Dita Von Teese's corsets, take time to choose your new accessories wisely and just one item of indulgence could update your winter style.
Click on the image to see Gemma's pick of the new season's accessories
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...