Accessories all areas
Autumn's hard-edged glamour requires killer heels, delectable bags and dramatic jewellery. The devil really is in the detail, says Gemma Hayward
Monday 24 August 2009
As the new season dawns, it's time to inject your wardrobe with the key accessories to transform your overall look - at least for the next six months. Refreshingly, there are actually a few rather sensible items hitting the shelves this time.
Find classic handbags in the most pliable of leathers, which feel chic rather than frumpy, and even a flat boot or two for blister-free bliss. But more daring fashion fanatics should stifle those yawns, for there is still drama in the air: opulent velvet heels, futuristic visor sunglasses, oversized necklaces and even a knuckle-duster thrown in for your statement-making pleasure. If your purse strings are pulled as tight as one of Dita Von Teese's corsets, take time to choose your new accessories wisely and just one item of indulgence could update your winter style.
Click on the image to see Gemma's pick of the new season's accessories
Life & Style blogs
Imagination Quotient tests could lead to smartphone app that boosts your creativity
Ghosting: what to do if you've been a victim
Plus-size clothing: Top fashion brands are finally offering sizes and designs for the fuller-figured
Asexuality: when life isn't all about sex
Twitter deletes plagiarised jokes for 'copyright infringement'
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: £20000 - £25000 per annum + c...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a number ...
£15000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you want to work for an exci...