Accessories all areas
Autumn's hard-edged glamour requires killer heels, delectable bags and dramatic jewellery. The devil really is in the detail, says Gemma Hayward
Monday 24 August 2009
As the new season dawns, it's time to inject your wardrobe with the key accessories to transform your overall look - at least for the next six months. Refreshingly, there are actually a few rather sensible items hitting the shelves this time.
Find classic handbags in the most pliable of leathers, which feel chic rather than frumpy, and even a flat boot or two for blister-free bliss. But more daring fashion fanatics should stifle those yawns, for there is still drama in the air: opulent velvet heels, futuristic visor sunglasses, oversized necklaces and even a knuckle-duster thrown in for your statement-making pleasure. If your purse strings are pulled as tight as one of Dita Von Teese's corsets, take time to choose your new accessories wisely and just one item of indulgence could update your winter style.
Click on the image to see Gemma's pick of the new season's accessories
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
£30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable software house is looking ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - SENIOR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SO...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...