Agenda: Caracalla 1947 bag; Rebel Wilson; Barlowered; gifts for the 12 days of Christmas
Sunday 09 December 2012
Fashion: Depeche Mode
Motorsport fans looking for a style formula (one) should drive themselves to the internet forthwith and root out leather-goods label Caracalla 1947.
Taking its name from the Rome circuit where Ferrari won its first race, the label pays homage to racing history with goods inspired by the team colours and sleek style of the cars from Formula 1 and beyond. We are particularly revved up by their Monza Weekend holdall, available in a range of colours, such as the Mercedes Benz-inspired silver version below. £420, caracalla1947.com
The young aussie was a scene-stealer as Kristen Wiig’s dysfunctional housemate in Bridesmaids and is now set to confirm her place among Hollywood’s top funnywomen with her lead role in this month’s choral comedy Pitch Perfect..
When a celebrity with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner blindly supports a contestant with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner, thereby diminishing a talent show’s standards.
Match the tweet to the star
Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger, Simon Le Bon, Joan Collins
1. Watching mr poppers penguins again. I love this film. I really do want a pet penguin
2. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
3. Hope Dave pulls off his desire not to be bullied into giving more cash to bloated EU budget, we should get out of the bureaucratic farce
4. Wot if the ad agencies were running some kind of sub sonic thang to make the adverts “sexee” which blows all TV speaker cones?
Social media ain’t always very beneficial to your social life, ironically, so three cheers for this new events calendar program, which allows you to schedule meetings and parties with your friends, family and colleagues away from the digital white noise of Facebook and Twitter. Free from iTunes store and Google Play.
On The Radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
MAGNUM SCREEN IDOLS
Expect to be star-struck by this exhibition of the photo agency’s (see feature, page 18) film archive, featuring legends from Dean to Monroe. 99 Mount Street Gallery, London W1, to 31 Dec
Give a loved one a musical missive with Rough Trade’s new range of postcards which double as bona-fide vinyl records, including the likes of “Let’s Stay Together” and “I Put a Spell On You”. roughtrade.com
HOUSE OF CARDS
The US rarely hits the jackpot when remaking UK TV shows, but David Fincher’s translation of the BBC political thriller, with Kevin Spacey in the lead, could be a rare ace. It premieres on Netflix in February. bit.ly/SsGmX1
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...