Agenda: Caracalla 1947 bag; Rebel Wilson; Barlowered; gifts for the 12 days of Christmas
Sunday 09 December 2012
Fashion: Depeche Mode
Motorsport fans looking for a style formula (one) should drive themselves to the internet forthwith and root out leather-goods label Caracalla 1947.
Taking its name from the Rome circuit where Ferrari won its first race, the label pays homage to racing history with goods inspired by the team colours and sleek style of the cars from Formula 1 and beyond. We are particularly revved up by their Monza Weekend holdall, available in a range of colours, such as the Mercedes Benz-inspired silver version below. £420, caracalla1947.com
The young aussie was a scene-stealer as Kristen Wiig’s dysfunctional housemate in Bridesmaids and is now set to confirm her place among Hollywood’s top funnywomen with her lead role in this month’s choral comedy Pitch Perfect..
When a celebrity with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner blindly supports a contestant with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner, thereby diminishing a talent show’s standards.
Match the tweet to the star
Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger, Simon Le Bon, Joan Collins
1. Watching mr poppers penguins again. I love this film. I really do want a pet penguin
2. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
3. Hope Dave pulls off his desire not to be bullied into giving more cash to bloated EU budget, we should get out of the bureaucratic farce
4. Wot if the ad agencies were running some kind of sub sonic thang to make the adverts “sexee” which blows all TV speaker cones?
Social media ain’t always very beneficial to your social life, ironically, so three cheers for this new events calendar program, which allows you to schedule meetings and parties with your friends, family and colleagues away from the digital white noise of Facebook and Twitter. Free from iTunes store and Google Play.
On The Radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
MAGNUM SCREEN IDOLS
Expect to be star-struck by this exhibition of the photo agency’s (see feature, page 18) film archive, featuring legends from Dean to Monroe. 99 Mount Street Gallery, London W1, to 31 Dec
Give a loved one a musical missive with Rough Trade’s new range of postcards which double as bona-fide vinyl records, including the likes of “Let’s Stay Together” and “I Put a Spell On You”. roughtrade.com
HOUSE OF CARDS
The US rarely hits the jackpot when remaking UK TV shows, but David Fincher’s translation of the BBC political thriller, with Kevin Spacey in the lead, could be a rare ace. It premieres on Netflix in February. bit.ly/SsGmX1
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the word become popular?
Ashley Madison leak reveals Cambridge as the UK's cheating capital
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...