Agenda: Caracalla 1947 bag; Rebel Wilson; Barlowered; gifts for the 12 days of Christmas
Sunday 09 December 2012
Fashion: Depeche Mode
Motorsport fans looking for a style formula (one) should drive themselves to the internet forthwith and root out leather-goods label Caracalla 1947.
Taking its name from the Rome circuit where Ferrari won its first race, the label pays homage to racing history with goods inspired by the team colours and sleek style of the cars from Formula 1 and beyond. We are particularly revved up by their Monza Weekend holdall, available in a range of colours, such as the Mercedes Benz-inspired silver version below. £420, caracalla1947.com
The young aussie was a scene-stealer as Kristen Wiig’s dysfunctional housemate in Bridesmaids and is now set to confirm her place among Hollywood’s top funnywomen with her lead role in this month’s choral comedy Pitch Perfect..
When a celebrity with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner blindly supports a contestant with a tendency towards the cruise-ship crooner, thereby diminishing a talent show’s standards.
Match the tweet to the star
Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger, Simon Le Bon, Joan Collins
1. Watching mr poppers penguins again. I love this film. I really do want a pet penguin
2. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
3. Hope Dave pulls off his desire not to be bullied into giving more cash to bloated EU budget, we should get out of the bureaucratic farce
4. Wot if the ad agencies were running some kind of sub sonic thang to make the adverts “sexee” which blows all TV speaker cones?
Social media ain’t always very beneficial to your social life, ironically, so three cheers for this new events calendar program, which allows you to schedule meetings and parties with your friends, family and colleagues away from the digital white noise of Facebook and Twitter. Free from iTunes store and Google Play.
On The Radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
MAGNUM SCREEN IDOLS
Expect to be star-struck by this exhibition of the photo agency’s (see feature, page 18) film archive, featuring legends from Dean to Monroe. 99 Mount Street Gallery, London W1, to 31 Dec
Give a loved one a musical missive with Rough Trade’s new range of postcards which double as bona-fide vinyl records, including the likes of “Let’s Stay Together” and “I Put a Spell On You”. roughtrade.com
HOUSE OF CARDS
The US rarely hits the jackpot when remaking UK TV shows, but David Fincher’s translation of the BBC political thriller, with Kevin Spacey in the lead, could be a rare ace. It premieres on Netflix in February. bit.ly/SsGmX1
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Why do we have blood types?
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
£49000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...