Agenda: Converse's Well Worn Collection; Gwendoline Christie; Pedro Almodovar's I'm So Excited!, Clean Bandit, Ryan Lochte
Sunday 07 April 2013
Fashion: The scruff with the smooth
Ready ripped jeans may be a no-no, but pre-distressed fashion ain't all naff. Take Converse's fantastically sensible new Well Worn Collection, which allows you to enjoy its iconic slacker trainers in their optimum state from the off, made as they are with washed, creased canvas, distressed soles and dirtied, thinner laces. Meanwhile, new butterscotch, tango-red and turtledove colours add to the scruffy joy. £50 for low-tops, £55 for high-tops, office.co.uk
Face to watch: Gwendoline Christie
Her statuesque beauty inspired the photographer Polly Borland to base a project around her, and now the actress is making a similar impression on TV viewers with her cut-and-thrust role as Game of Thrones warrior Brienne.
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Miranda Hart, Harry Styles, Ollie Locke, Gary Lineker
1. I've seen fire and I've seen rain..
2. Am I the only who still likes the idea of, nay gets excited by, actually seeing what's on my TV of an evening, rather than catch up.
3. You never hear anyone playing the lute anymore!!
4. Without abuse we are doomed to a life of believing we are always right. Save us twitter from this curse!
Answers bat the bottom of the page
App watch: Yogify
Strike a pose – more than 275, in fact – with this digital yoga instructor offering 35 hours of lessons that cater to all skill levels, from concrete-limbed embarrassment to Zen master. With the added advantage that, unlike a real-life instructor, it won't make you feel sick with envy at its flexibility. Free from iTunes Store
Lexpionage: IDSingenuous, adj.
The lack of sincerity apparent when a Cabinet minister earning about £1,600 per week claims he could live on benefits amounting to £53 per week. "If I had to, I would," said Iain Duncan Smith. Go on, then.
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Film: I'm So Excited!
The title may be tempting fate, but we can confirm that Pedro Almodovar's latest is a blast: an Airplane-style farce complete with mescaline and dancing stewards that marks a return to his early riotousness. Out 3 May
Music: Clean Bandit
Eclecticism meets pure exhilaration with this London quartet and their fusion of electronica, hip-hop and classical music. Single "Mozart's House" is released on 14 April and is set to be a sound of the summer. bit.ly/YiGy0l
TV: What would Ryan Lochte do?
Seriously, a UK broadcaster needs to pick up the US swimmer's new reality show now – have a look at the trailer, in which he forgets how many Olympic medals he's won: bit.ly/16fetKt
Match the tweets: 1. Harry Styles; 2. Miranda Hart; 3. Ollie Locke; 4. Gary Lineker
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...