Agenda: Hasbeens; Jonathan Bailey; Frances Ha; Grasshoppers @Wahaca; HintHunt
Sunday 17 March 2013
Scandi fever continues with the latest range from Swedish shoe brand Hasbeens, whose clog sandals have graced the feet of A-listers from Sarah Jessica Parker to Maggie Gyllenhaal and Michelle Williams. And now, building on their popularity, their new affordable capsule Debutantes collection offers three different styles, including the bow-fronted Papillon, each at a mere £69. Available from Office stores nationwide, office.co.uk
Face to watch: Jonathan Bailey
The actor may be disparaging our noble profession with his role as a weasly reporter in TV event drama Broadchurch, but he's charming nevertheless: previous credits include an acclaimed turn in David Hare's South Downs on stage
Match the tweet to the star
Azealia Banks, Geri Halliwell, Johnny Marr, Alan Carr
1. All I need in this world are my cats. They're like the only people who get it.
2. Hang on a minute, so you can get Night Nurse AND Day Nurse as well ?...that is a win-win situation. Yin & Yang almost. Sorted.
3. Thank god for bumpers, just saying
4. Oops nodded off during Police Academy – dont tell Steve Guttenberg
Answers at the bottom of the page
Lexpionage: Springconvenience, n.
Just when you've packed away your winter clothes in preparation for brighter days, along comes more snow and a wind-chill factor of minus-10
App watch: Carrot
The disorganised may want to make sure they're not also faint-hearted before downloading this new "gameification" app, which makes your to-do list come alive. Just input your designated tasks and you will be praised and rewarded for those you complete and punished and insulted for those you don't. 69p from iTunes Store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Film: Frances Ha
The director of The Squid and the Whale teams with indie It girl Greta Gerwig for a comedy about hipster ennui with an air of Girls. It's basically our perfect film. Here's the trailer: bit.ly/YtROXs
Food: Grasshoppers @Wahaca
That's right, the Mexican chain's South Bank branch is trialling a dish of the fried bugs (puréed into a salsa to make them more digestible) throughout March. wahaca.co.uk
We've been hearing intriguing things about this Crystal Maze-style "mystery escape game", which takes place in a building in Euston and is now booking through to summer. hinthunt.co.uk
Match the tweets: 1. Azealia Banks; 2. Johnny Marr; 3. Geri Halliwell; 4. Alan Carr.
Life & Style blogs
Free the internet from commercial interests, says Martha Lane Fox
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Contents of women's handbags can be worth more than a small car
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A delightful, 11 year old boy who lives in t...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Furniture Installer /...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£58000 - £65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL DBA - Bromley, South East London...