Agenda: Hasbeens; Jonathan Bailey; Frances Ha; Grasshoppers @Wahaca; HintHunt
Sunday 17 March 2013
Scandi fever continues with the latest range from Swedish shoe brand Hasbeens, whose clog sandals have graced the feet of A-listers from Sarah Jessica Parker to Maggie Gyllenhaal and Michelle Williams. And now, building on their popularity, their new affordable capsule Debutantes collection offers three different styles, including the bow-fronted Papillon, each at a mere £69. Available from Office stores nationwide, office.co.uk
Face to watch: Jonathan Bailey
The actor may be disparaging our noble profession with his role as a weasly reporter in TV event drama Broadchurch, but he's charming nevertheless: previous credits include an acclaimed turn in David Hare's South Downs on stage
Match the tweet to the star
Azealia Banks, Geri Halliwell, Johnny Marr, Alan Carr
1. All I need in this world are my cats. They're like the only people who get it.
2. Hang on a minute, so you can get Night Nurse AND Day Nurse as well ?...that is a win-win situation. Yin & Yang almost. Sorted.
3. Thank god for bumpers, just saying
4. Oops nodded off during Police Academy – dont tell Steve Guttenberg
Answers at the bottom of the page
Lexpionage: Springconvenience, n.
Just when you've packed away your winter clothes in preparation for brighter days, along comes more snow and a wind-chill factor of minus-10
App watch: Carrot
The disorganised may want to make sure they're not also faint-hearted before downloading this new "gameification" app, which makes your to-do list come alive. Just input your designated tasks and you will be praised and rewarded for those you complete and punished and insulted for those you don't. 69p from iTunes Store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Film: Frances Ha
The director of The Squid and the Whale teams with indie It girl Greta Gerwig for a comedy about hipster ennui with an air of Girls. It's basically our perfect film. Here's the trailer: bit.ly/YtROXs
Food: Grasshoppers @Wahaca
That's right, the Mexican chain's South Bank branch is trialling a dish of the fried bugs (puréed into a salsa to make them more digestible) throughout March. wahaca.co.uk
We've been hearing intriguing things about this Crystal Maze-style "mystery escape game", which takes place in a building in Euston and is now booking through to summer. hinthunt.co.uk
Match the tweets: 1. Azealia Banks; 2. Johnny Marr; 3. Geri Halliwell; 4. Alan Carr.
Life & Style blogs
Biggest structure in the universe is huge hole, scientists find
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Female student 'burned up from the inside' and dies after taking eight DNP diet pills
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils its Doodle and Nessie Street View
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Tony Abbott tells Europe to 'stop the boats' like Australia as migrant crisis continues
£19000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Executive is re...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The company was established in ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Analyst...