Agenda: Hasbeens; Jonathan Bailey; Frances Ha; Grasshoppers @Wahaca; HintHunt
Sunday 17 March 2013
Scandi fever continues with the latest range from Swedish shoe brand Hasbeens, whose clog sandals have graced the feet of A-listers from Sarah Jessica Parker to Maggie Gyllenhaal and Michelle Williams. And now, building on their popularity, their new affordable capsule Debutantes collection offers three different styles, including the bow-fronted Papillon, each at a mere £69. Available from Office stores nationwide, office.co.uk
Face to watch: Jonathan Bailey
The actor may be disparaging our noble profession with his role as a weasly reporter in TV event drama Broadchurch, but he's charming nevertheless: previous credits include an acclaimed turn in David Hare's South Downs on stage
Match the tweet to the star
Azealia Banks, Geri Halliwell, Johnny Marr, Alan Carr
1. All I need in this world are my cats. They're like the only people who get it.
2. Hang on a minute, so you can get Night Nurse AND Day Nurse as well ?...that is a win-win situation. Yin & Yang almost. Sorted.
3. Thank god for bumpers, just saying
4. Oops nodded off during Police Academy – dont tell Steve Guttenberg
Answers at the bottom of the page
Lexpionage: Springconvenience, n.
Just when you've packed away your winter clothes in preparation for brighter days, along comes more snow and a wind-chill factor of minus-10
App watch: Carrot
The disorganised may want to make sure they're not also faint-hearted before downloading this new "gameification" app, which makes your to-do list come alive. Just input your designated tasks and you will be praised and rewarded for those you complete and punished and insulted for those you don't. 69p from iTunes Store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Film: Frances Ha
The director of The Squid and the Whale teams with indie It girl Greta Gerwig for a comedy about hipster ennui with an air of Girls. It's basically our perfect film. Here's the trailer: bit.ly/YtROXs
Food: Grasshoppers @Wahaca
That's right, the Mexican chain's South Bank branch is trialling a dish of the fried bugs (puréed into a salsa to make them more digestible) throughout March. wahaca.co.uk
We've been hearing intriguing things about this Crystal Maze-style "mystery escape game", which takes place in a building in Euston and is now booking through to summer. hinthunt.co.uk
Match the tweets: 1. Azealia Banks; 2. Johnny Marr; 3. Geri Halliwell; 4. Alan Carr.
As Voltaire once said, “Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal”
Life & Style blogs
Movie pirate given almost 3 years in prison for filming Fast & Furious 6 in back of cinema
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Tickets for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in London are not on ‘sale’
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Market Administrator (1st line Support, Trade Fl...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst (Windows, Active Dire...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Data Support Analyst (Linux, Solaris, Windows Se...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Helpdesk Support Engineer (Windows, MS Office, E...