Agenda: Issa; Max Irons; The Dandy; Before Midnight; The Powder Room; Pieminister
Sunday 14 April 2013
Fashion: A royal deal of approval
Issa became famous as Duchess Kate's label of choice, and is now capitalising on its seal of royal approval by diving into its back catalogue with the launch of an exclusive – and affordable – range of reworked dresses from previous collections at online store The Outnet. We especially like their green jersey dress (£232). theoutnet.com
Face to watch: Max Irons
While dad Jeremy sounds off on gay marriage, his 27-year-old actor son is proving less controversial, with a heartthrob role in upcoming "new Twilight" The Host and a regal role in BBC historical drama The White Queen
Lexpionage: Clashtag, n.
When the lack of punctuation in a web address or Twitter trend leads to confusion, misunderstanding and untimely rumours of a pop star's demise. Did you 'Believe' #nowthatchersdead?
App watch: The Dandy
Kids and big kids alike lamented the closure of the UK's oldest comic last year, so hurrah for its resurrection in the form of a weekly digital issue, which promises animation, games and the chance to hear cow-pie enthusiast Desperate Dan speak for the first time. Taster issue free from iTunes Store and Google Play
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Hugh Bonneville, Courtney Love, Conor Maynard, Jeanette Winterson
2. This is Spring - in spite of frost and snow. Celts understood Time as a Wheel not an Arrow. Life is returning. New start. Celebrate!
3. Fuck a fake cushion where your real cushions at....
4. I don't think this sleeping pill is going to cure my insom
Answers at the bottom of the page
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Film: Before Midnight
Did you swoon over twentysomething romance Before Sunrise? Get giddy from follow-up Before Sunset? Then this brilliant, bruised mid-life threequel may come as a shock. Out 21 June, see bit.ly/16kprN2 for trailer
Theatre: The Powder Room
Oh daalings, we're usually more Pinter people, but we can't wait for Nancy Dell'Olio's bio-play, which will premiere in London before a national tour. From 1 June, Arts Theatre, London WC2 artstheatrewestend.co.uk
Our fave pie company is earning its crust with the relaunch of its flagship Bristol site as a funky pie-and-cider restaurant-bar. Let's hope this idea rolls out as readily as the pastry. 24 Stokes Croft, Bristol, pieminister.co.uk
Match the tweet: 1. Courtney Love; 2. Jeanette Winterson; 3. Conor Maynard; 4. Hugh Bonneville.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...