Agenda: Japan; Harry Hadden-Paton; Silencio; Flying Lotus; Camden fringe
Sunday 17 July 2011
Fashion: Going Gaga for Japan
IT might be out of the headlines, but Japan isn't out of our hearts – Japanese über-store Uniqlo is raising money for the earthquake-relief effort by selling charity T-shirts, in collaboration with Vogue and a number of celebrities and designers. One, created by Victoria Beckham, reads "Sending love and hope"; another by Lady Gaga is scrawled with Japanese characters (below). The brand plans to donate £750,000 through sales of the tees, which come in at £12.99 each. uniqlo.com
Face to watch: Harry Hadden-Paton
This godson of the Duchess of York has maintained a stiff upper lip on the way to stage success in Bullingdon Club drama Posh and Rattigan revival Flare Path. Next up, he'll play Michael Palin in No Naughty Bits at the Hampstead Theatre
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Robbie Savage, Bob Mortimer, Nicola Roberts, Will Young
1. I am noticing that I am becoming the same age as taxi drivers. I don't like this. Not one bit
2. So again whilst I'm away please please feel free to press the unfollow button?
3. Who went where and why?
4. Why why why, do the lights in the kabab shop make this guy look less hot, he's looking like John Prescott...
Answers at the bottom of the page
Lexpionage: Appleation, n.
An idiosyncratic identifying name bestowed upon celebrity kiddywinks. May point to parents' love of fruit (Apple) or fashion mags (Harper); will always expose said offspring to formative ridicule
App watch #27: Songify
Simon Cowell, be damned – now there's a whole new way for talentless amateurs to realise their misguided musical dreams, in the form of this addictive digital song-maker. Simply speak into the phone's microphone for one to 60 seconds, and it will match your ramblings to a melody and beat. Free from iTunes store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Prepare to get surreally sloshed at this Paris nightstop designed by directing enigma David Lynch and based on a location in his 2001 film Mulholland Drive. From September, silencio-club.com
Music: Flying Lotus
The cult producer has your holiday soundtrack needs covered with fab, genre-spanning summer songs on mixtape Lovers Melt 2. If you can bear the exclusion of "Mambo No. 5", that is.
Festivals: Camden fringe
South of the border and short on the green stuff? Then may we suggest this Edinburgh Festival alternative and its left-field line-up of comedy, theatre, cabaret and dance. 1 to 28 August, camdenfringe.com
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. WILL YOUNG; 2. ROBBIE SAVAGE; 3. BOB MORTIMER; 4. NICOLA ROBERTS
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...