Agenda: Lacoste's 80th birthday; Iggy Azalea; Facade's circus-themed feast; Compliance
Sunday 10 March 2013
Fashion: Pretty spry for an octogenarian
Not everyone reaches 80 in so sprightly a condition as sportswear giant Lacoste. Over that time, the erstwhile tennis label has developed into a fully fledged fashion brand, with designer Christophe Lemaire creating a catwalk collection now shown in New York; a range of bestselling fragrances; and, of course, the footwear that started it all. Revisit the early days with this anniversary pair of retro and minimal white sneakers, hand-crafted in honour of this very happy birthday. £160, shop-uk.lacoste.com
Face to watch: Iggy Azalea
This blonde Australian rapper has the right combination of flow, fierceness and fashion nous to become a big deal this year. Her debut single "Work" is released on 1 April, with an album following in the spring
Match the tweet to the star
Chris Moyles, Charlie Sheen, Nick Grimshaw, Lena Dunham
1. back at work. bit tired. up late stuck on a conf call discussing the price of ME in China... c hashtag zzzzz
2. I have decided I would like to meet @realdonald trump. Next time I'm in New York I'd like to buy him a burger. Seriously.
3. I am always on time (to things that happen in my house)
4. Things i have realised today: I fancy Natalie Portman. I would like a Shetland pony. Salted caramel is better than regular caramel.
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: The Sandbox
Be a master of the universe, only without the dodgy codpiece, with this primordial puzzler, which furnishes you with a "physics sandbox" and asks you to create and harness elements such as mud, soil, water and electricity. For iPhones and Android phones, free from iTunes Store and Google Play
Lexpionage: Vitweenol, n
Rancorous, socially mediated abuse, possibly incorporating the threat of death, that is spewed by under-16s at those who dare to comment on their pop idols. Esp. used by Beliebers and One Directioners
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Dine out decadently in north London with this circus-themed feast at which storytelling meets fine dining, and the boundaries between performers and audience are blurred. 21-22 March, jacksonslane.org.uk
With Oscar season over, hurrah for smaller films having a chance to shine again – first up comes this deeply disturbing US indie, based on a true story, about a hellish prank call scam. Out 22 March, bit.ly/MOzvb7
Design: Special Edition Artek 60 Stools
Tom Dixon, Nao Tamura and Comme des Garçons are among the designers to have jazzed up these stackable Scandinavian classics for their 80th birthday. thelollipopshoppe.co.uk
Match the tweets: 1. Charlie Sheen; 2. Chris Moyles; 3. Lena Dunham; 4. Nick Grimshaw. Pictures: Getty Images, James Willment
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for the ...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time Administrator/Secreta...
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...