Agenda: Little Nikki; Ugg ear-muffs-cum-headphones; Domingo Milella; Jo Malone crackers; Claire Danes crying
Sunday 18 November 2012
Face to watch: Little Nikki
No, not the terrible Adam Sandler film, but 16-year-old Brit Nikki Shortland. Her debut single "Intro Intro" (out on 5 December) features Azealia-esque attitude, grime synths and even a rave siren. Watch your back, Rihanna.
Fashion: Go to work on an Ugg
You might have had your fill of their boots but let it not be said that Ugg is a one-trick pony. Or should that be sheep? These cosy, sheepskin ear-muffs-cum-headphones are just the ticket given the current temperatures, whether you're investing for yourself or as a Christmas present for that extra-tricky special someone. Stay warm, look cool – and do it all to the soundtrack of your choosing. £75, Ugg, my-wardrobe.co.uk
Lexpionage: Slow-vember *.
An alternative name for the 11th month of the year that comes into use as it drags on and on. In part due to your upper-lip hair, which after three weeks' growth is still more 13-year-old bum fluff than Victorian curly handlebar. Cf: Movember
Match the tweet to the star
1. I fart for a long time when I walk slow thru first class on my way to economy
2. I don't know how I'll cope if Union 3 go out. Or District J
3. On this day 54 years ago I was BAR MITZVAHED here in NEW YORK
4. Donald Trump is one slip into a vat of toxic waste away from becoming an ACTUAL comic book super villain
App watch: Blink Booking
Forget Booking your holiday last minute; the savviest jet-setters do things last second. Blink Booking offers the four best unsold hotel rooms in your chosen city that night, 40 per cent cheaper than online. See, contrary to Tom Hodgkinson's experience (page 3), being disorganised can pay dividends. Free, iTunes store
Photography: Domingo Milella
The Italian snapper's first solo exhibition explores memory and landscape from Mesopotamia to Mexico City through eerie caves and deserted cities. Friday to 26 January, Brancolini Grimaldi gallery, London W1
Beauty: Jo Malone crackers
Forget novelty screwdrivers and degrading paper hats, and treat the ladies at your Christmas table to a mini selection of Jo Malone products. Lame gags not included. £28 each, jomalone.com
Web: Claire Danes crying
Who's got the best "crying face" in Hollywood? This video montage of the Homeland star's weepy scenes settles that debate once and for all. And the Oscar for best chin wobble goes to…
Match the tweet: 1. Diplo; 2. David Baddiel; 3. Henry Winkler; 4. Adam Levine
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Google Glass: First images taken on Google's new glasses appear on Twitter
- 1 Exclusive: Woolwich attack suspect was known to banned terror group and security services
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, the mother-of-two hailed as a hero for confronting Woolwich attackers, thought: 'better me than a child'
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.