Agenda: Maison Martin Margiela and H&M; Little Green Cars; Uncle Vanya; Monster Supplies; ENO Undressed
Sunday 28 October 2012
Fashion: Something a little comfier
Cult French fashion house Maison Martin Margiela is the latest high-end label to join forces with H&M. The campaign was shot by Sam Taylor-Johnson and it's everything you would expect from a designer known for deconstructed shapes and exaggerated proportions. We're loving their origami-esque folded jumpers, over-sized tailoring and an amazing white Puffa jacket that looks like you're wearing a duvet. In a good way.
Maison Martin Margiela for H&M launches on 15 November
Faces to watch: Little Green Cars
This Dublin-based five-piece so impressed über-producer Markus Dravs (whose CV includes Arcade Fire, Björk and Mumford & Sons) he asked to work on their debut album Absolute Zero. Check out bit.ly/xkDahB to see why
Lexpionage: Twaranoia, adj
The state of fear and anxiety caused by mounting pressure to tweet something witty, insightful and totally retweetable in 140 characters or less. Can often leave you twaralysed, ie: unable to tweet at all.
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Rob Brydon, Sarah Silverman, Ellen DeGeneres, Joey Barton
2. I could die from a broken heart from worrying if someone I see on the street is lonely
1. Shall be putting my house on the market tomorrow. Can't miss The Rolling Stones
3. Goodnight all. Tread softly...
4. I'm so happy for Adele and her new baby boy. Who just heard the best version of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' ever
App watch: Hum This!
Like a musical Draw Something, this new app records you humming, whistling or singing part of a song, which fellow players then try to recognise. With 30 per cent of profits going to charity, you can even convince yourself that you're humming to save the world. Like Bono. But without the sunglasses. iTunes store
On the radar: Because somethings are still worth getting excited about...
Theatre: Uncle Vanya
Ken Stott is the latest actor to tread the boards as Chekhov's immortal professor. With support from Laura Carmichael and Anna Friel, it's sure to be a hot ticket. Vaudeville, London WC2, from Friday; unclevanyatheplay.com
Food: Monster Supplies
Impacted Ear Wax fudge bars, Zombie Fresh Mints and tins of Mortal Dread – these deliciously disgusting treats come with their own spooky stories. Perfect for little monsters. From £1, monstersupplies.org
Opera: ENO Undressed
Those usually intimidated by opera should register now for cut-price tickets, club-style bars serving cocktails and no one getting snooty if you wear trainers. First up is a racy version of Don Giovanni. eno.org/undress
Match the tweet: 1. Rob Brydon; 2. Sarah Silverman; 3. Joey Barton; 4. Ellen DeGeneres
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This recognized leader in providing software s...
£40000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A works engineer is required in a progressive ...