Agenda: Nike; Bart Layton; Scala Beyond; George Michael; The Gourmand
Sunday 05 August 2012
Fashion: Mighty swoosh - Nike meets APC
Hot on the heels of Nike's recent collaboration with Liberty, the sports brand has teamed up once again, this time with ultra-cool French cult label APC. The result is a fusion of futurism, athletic prowess and Parisian preppiness, channelled into simple and satisfying, oh-so-now high-tops that you won't want to take off. £90, APC, 35 Dover Street, London W1 (020 7409 0121, apc.fr)
Face to watch: Bart Layton
previously responsible for Channel 5 series Banged Up Abroad, this documentarian is nevertheless a lock-in for critical acclaim with upcoming debut feature "The Imposter", the extraordinary tale of a French con artist
Social Network: Match the tweet to the star
Janet Jackson, Miley Cyrus, Rob Brydon, Lethal Bizzle
1. Starbucks should start delivering
2. Follow my trainer @TrainerTony
3. Florida makes good macaroni cheese music
4. It’s Thursday and the perfect time for a witty, pithy tweet from me. waits... No, nothing.
Lexpionage: Olympasse, *
A situation that is so flooded with competitive physical activity that even hardcore sport disbelievers are forced to break out the snacks and start caring about ping-pong.
App watch: Chirp
chirping could well become the new tweeting, it seems, following the launch of this sonic data-transfer tool. And by that we mean an app that will allow you to send photos, notes et al to other nearby users via the medium of a two-second-long bird-like noise. Now what of the warble? Free from iTunes Store.
Social Network: Because some things are worth getting excited about…
Film: Scala Beyond
Those suffering seasonal blockbuster fatigue should check out this six-week, UK-wide season of quirky film screenings; we're especially looking forward to the day-long Parker Posey festival. scalabeyond.com
Music: George Michael
The crooner is back to his best with new song "White Light", an elegant piece of crying-on-the-dancefloor synth-pop whose decadent video is gilded by the presence of a certain supermodel. bit.ly/O6k1xr
Food: The Gourmand
For a delectable piece of high-end magazine publishing, try this new London-based food-and-culture magazine mixing long-form features and photo-essays. Issue 00 is available to buy now from thegourmand.co.uk
Match the tweet: 1. Miley Cyrus; 2. Janet Jackson; 3. Lethal Bizzle; 4. Rob Brydon
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£15000 - £16800 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A key client in the East Midlands are re...
£21000 - £31000 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: The JobWe are looking ...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: The Job...Due to continued ...