Agenda: Nike; Bart Layton; Scala Beyond; George Michael; The Gourmand
Sunday 05 August 2012
Fashion: Mighty swoosh - Nike meets APC
Hot on the heels of Nike's recent collaboration with Liberty, the sports brand has teamed up once again, this time with ultra-cool French cult label APC. The result is a fusion of futurism, athletic prowess and Parisian preppiness, channelled into simple and satisfying, oh-so-now high-tops that you won't want to take off. £90, APC, 35 Dover Street, London W1 (020 7409 0121, apc.fr)
Face to watch: Bart Layton
previously responsible for Channel 5 series Banged Up Abroad, this documentarian is nevertheless a lock-in for critical acclaim with upcoming debut feature "The Imposter", the extraordinary tale of a French con artist
Social Network: Match the tweet to the star
Janet Jackson, Miley Cyrus, Rob Brydon, Lethal Bizzle
1. Starbucks should start delivering
2. Follow my trainer @TrainerTony
3. Florida makes good macaroni cheese music
4. It’s Thursday and the perfect time for a witty, pithy tweet from me. waits... No, nothing.
Lexpionage: Olympasse, *
A situation that is so flooded with competitive physical activity that even hardcore sport disbelievers are forced to break out the snacks and start caring about ping-pong.
App watch: Chirp
chirping could well become the new tweeting, it seems, following the launch of this sonic data-transfer tool. And by that we mean an app that will allow you to send photos, notes et al to other nearby users via the medium of a two-second-long bird-like noise. Now what of the warble? Free from iTunes Store.
Social Network: Because some things are worth getting excited about…
Film: Scala Beyond
Those suffering seasonal blockbuster fatigue should check out this six-week, UK-wide season of quirky film screenings; we're especially looking forward to the day-long Parker Posey festival. scalabeyond.com
Music: George Michael
The crooner is back to his best with new song "White Light", an elegant piece of crying-on-the-dancefloor synth-pop whose decadent video is gilded by the presence of a certain supermodel. bit.ly/O6k1xr
Food: The Gourmand
For a delectable piece of high-end magazine publishing, try this new London-based food-and-culture magazine mixing long-form features and photo-essays. Issue 00 is available to buy now from thegourmand.co.uk
Match the tweet: 1. Miley Cyrus; 2. Janet Jackson; 3. Lethal Bizzle; 4. Rob Brydon
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...