Agenda: Oliver Sweeney; Tyson; Calling London; The Long Table; Rampart
Sunday 27 November 2011
Fashion: Best foot forward
A well-shod gentleman knows the power of a subliminal sartorial message, and those who seek to win friends and influence people through the medium of leather or suede would do well to visit Covent Garden's newest arrival. Cobbler Oliver Sweeney has thrown open its doors to a world of hand-finished men's shoes and leather goods as well as the debut of its womenswear collection, Mrs Sweeney. For those with an individualistic streak, the firm's tattooist-in-chief will be on hand to ink new purchases with your choice of design. oliversweeney.com
Face to watch: Tyson
Put on your dancing shoes for this falsetto-voiced, hedonistic Londoner, whose retro-disco grooves shimmer as brightly as a pair of sequinned hotpants. Expect him to soar when his debut album's released next year. t-y-s-o-n.com
Lexpionage: Hughgenics, n.
An applied quasi-science that advocates the use of quips, romcom heritage and quintessential English charm aimed at improving the ethical composition of a national media
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
1. If everyone finds mime annoying maybe it's annoying some of the right people?
2. I do want to get serious for a moment & thank those who do see me in airports & places for their respect of my privacy. I do appreciate it
3. They say Hitler was also quite the spirited dancer
4. Had flu jab, very proud of self cos didn't faint as per usual on sight of needle. Definitely growing up
App watch: Instant Wild
Go wild from the comfort of your sofa with this nature viewer that allows you to spy on the world's animalsby connecting your phone to selected motion-sensor cameras the world over. You can then choose which cameras to follow and will receive an alert every time a passing animal moves into shot. Free from iTunes store
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Food: The Long Table
Viajante's Nuno Mendes is behind this new east London night market featuring food from Moro, Hawksmoor, the Loft Project et al as well as a bar and live music. Fridays until Christmas. London E8, thelongtable.net
Charity: Calling London
Want to help those in need this Christmas – without opening your wallet? This timely new initiative is launching a winter-coat drive, distributing much-needed warm clothing to 30 charities in the capital.
Starring Woody Harrelson and scripted by James Ellroy, this much-buzzed tale of a bent cop going ballistic looks set to make The Wire look like The Wizard of Oz. Catch the incendiary trailer here: bit.ly/sfNki0
MATCH THE TWEET ANSWERS: 1. LOUIS THEROUX; 2.WILLIAM SHATNER; 3.MIA FARROW; 4. ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...