Agenda: Ping Pong; Tatty Devine; Bright Light Bright Light; 'Book of Mormon'; 'Road to Valour'; Wahaca Southbank Experiment
Sunday 01 July 2012
Fashion: Let the fun and Games begin...
It might not be the first event that springs to mind when you think of the Olympics, but the ping-pong tournament promises to be mesmerisingly great this summer. Get in the spirit of things with the British documentary Ping Pong, released this weekend and featuring octogenarian players and aficionados of the sport. Why not spruce up your suit while you're at it, with a pair of Tatty Devine's cufflinks, each shaped like a cutesy whiff-whaff racket? £30, tattydevine.com; pingpongfilm.co.uk
Face to watch: Bright Light Bright Light
Radiant, indeed, is this Welsh singer-songwriter, whose swooningly euphoric electro-pop is worthy of every Pet Shop Boys comparison coming his way. Check out debut album Make Me Believe in Hope, available on Blue Team/Aztec
Lexpionage: Jukepox, n.
A creative virus, resulting from a lack of originality and infecting both the music and theatrical industries, which causes band back-catalogues to be repurposed as nonsensical stage narratives
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Jonathan Ross, Jessie J, Paul Daniels, Judd Apatow
1. Andy Scott Lee!! Perfect.
2. I am starting to hold on to newspapers, thinking I will get around to reading them. Hoarding has begun. But I will read them. When I can.
3. Do ants have hearts tongues or teeth? Lol
4. Good morning world. All together now... "I'm singing in the rain..." A cuppa then I am going to play in the mud
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: Soho Stories
the national trust gets out of the tearoom and takes a walk on the wild side with this new guide to the debauched London district, introduced by comic Barry Cryer and featuring contributions from the likes of Molly Parkin, Felix Dennis and our own Janet Street-Porter. Free from iTunes store and Android Marketplace
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Theatre: 'Book of Mormon'
Praise be for the London transfer of this musical satire from South Park's Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Booking for the 2013 run begins officially on 1 September, but you can bag a preview from delfontmackintosh.co.uk
Books: 'Road to Valour'
As the Tour de France proper gets going today, here's a startling, sparkling chronicle of two-time winner Gino Bartali, who was also the Schindler of the cycling world during the Second World War. £20, W&N
Food: Wahaca Southbank Experiment
Thomasina Miers' Mexican chain is spicing things up with the launch of this riverside pop-up, housed in shipping crates and with new dishes inspired by the LA street food scene. wahaca.co.uk
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. JONATHAN ROSS; 2. JUDD APATOW; 3. JESSIE J; 4. PAUL DANIELS.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
Bio-engineering vaginas not about peach smell, company says, but making them healthier
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist's birth
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by police in Ohio park
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Naked free runner captured in breathtaking photographs above London's streets
- 5 Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
£30000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent: Austen Lloyd: Employment Solicitor - Ke...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: Hi All, I'm currently recruiting for t...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£23000 - £30000 per annum + pension, 25days holiday: Ashdown Group: An industr...