Agenda: Tom Sellers; TED; Mini Moderns Concert Collection; Splapstick Festival; The Following
Sunday 06 January 2013
Fashion: Fresh looks for the year ahead
A week into the New Year, which is time enough for those well-intentioned resolutions to save, not spend, to fall by the wayside. To coincide with the launch of London Collections: Men, the British menswear showcase beginning in the capital tomorrow, a pop-up boutique will feature the work of dazzling young things such as Martine Rose, Astrid Andersen and Matthew Miller. 35 Neal Street, London WC2, until 16 January
Face to watch: Tom Sellers
The 25-year-old chef has worked with Rene Redzepi and Thomas Keller and critical lips are already being licked in anticipation of the opening of his first restaurant, Story, near Tower Bridge in February. 201 Tooley Street, London SE1
Lexopinage: Actorvist, n.
Luvvies who have become rather better known for their campaigning efforts than for their exploits on the silver screen. See Jane Fonda, the current development of Hugh 'phone-tapping' Grant
Match the tweet to the star
Greg James, Alexa Chung, Elizabeth Hurley, Example
1. Animals with a title in their name... I'm not suuuuure.
2. Do your dogs gather hungrily by the dishwasher as you stack it, ready to lick everything edible off the dirty plates?
3. I hate it when they order a beer in a tv show and then don't drink it.
4. Just been to the Apple Store and in essence – I've just spent £45 on two lengths of wire
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch: TED
wake yourself from your New Year's slumber with the synapse-stimulating app offshoot of the acclaimed TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) talks project, which allows you to browse a library containing hundreds of lectures given by prominent thinkers. Free from iTunes
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about…
Interiors: Mini Moderns Concert Collection
Our favourite retro-interiors company has gone classical for its new musical-themed range of wallpaper, bags et al, designed for the Southbank Centre. southbankcentre.co.uk
Comedy: Splapstick Festival
Hush now for this quietly excellent silent and physical comedy festival, this year featuring the likes of Nick Park, June Whitfield, the reunited Goodies and Victoria Wood. 24 to 27 January, slapstick.org.uk
TV: The Following
Stomachs may drop at 2013's first big US import – a Silence of the Lambs-esque drama from Kevin Scream Williamson, starring Kevin Bacon as an FBI agent on the trail of a serial killer. 22 January, Sky Atlantic
Match the tweet: 1. Alexa Chung; 2. Elizabeth Hurley; 3. Example; 4. Greg James
Mountain goats make miraculous escape from avalanche in the French Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Manager - Tailor ...
£33000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - Birmingham ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...