Agenda: Topshop's Secret Store; SJ Watson; Psychoville; Breakin' Convention; Santigold
Sunday 24 April 2011
Fashion: Undercover chic
Hidden gems verily await at Topshop's Secret Store, a hush-hush pop-up space launching in its Oxford St branch in late May. Fortuitous shoppers will be rewarded with a tightly edited selection of collaborations with designers including Meadham Kirchoff and Ann-Sofie Back alongside pieces from the Topshop Boutique range.
Face to watch: SJ Watson
This scientist-turned-novelist's thriller Before I Go to Sleep centres on a severe amnesiac, but it won't be forgotten in a hurry: rave reviews aside, it's already been snapped up for adaptation by Ridley Scott's production company
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Jake Shears, Carrie Fisher, Louie Spence, Louise Bagshawe
1. Sad but true: I am too old to play Twister
2. So, Tina Fey's book made me laugh so hard on the airplane, I sobbed into my hands and had to put it away, trying not to cause a scene
3. Gone to extremes – back soon...?
4. Sometimes I just can't stop myself, I think it might have been that orange shirt got me all excited...
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch #15: Moleskine
Writerly romance is not lost with this digital offspring of the iconic range of notebooks favoured by creative luminaries including Hemingway and Picasso. Chose from a range of Moleskine styles, whether writing pad or doodle book, and insert pictures, free-hand drawings and weighty ruminations. Free from iTunes store
Lexpionage: AV-ersion, n.
A strong disinclination to pay heed to long and furious debates about the merits of different voting systems. May well go hand-in-hand with a vague revulsion at one's own apathy
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Not before time, the League of Gentlemen boys' wonderfully lurid circus of horrors rolls back into the schedules. Watch a trailer here before the second series kicks off on 5 May. bit.ly/gKUy07
Dance: Breakin' Convention
Pop and lock for the return of this hip-hop dance weekender, which this year includes a performing robot among the myriad b-boys and freestylers. Saturday to 2 May, Sadler's Wells, breakinconvention.com
The hipster dance diva is assuredly set to stomp her way back into hearts and minds with digi-tribal single "Go", which also benefits from the lascivious backing drawl of Yeah Yeah Yeah's Karen O. bit.ly/eEPznq
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. LOUISE BAGSHAWE; 2. JAKE SHEARS; 3. CARRIE FISHER; 4. LOUIE SPENCE
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A global investment management fi...
£65000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Engineer-(CCIE, CC...
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Analyst - (CCIE, C...
£60000 - £80000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior Network Engineer-(Design, ...