Agenda: Topshop's Secret Store; SJ Watson; Psychoville; Breakin' Convention; Santigold
Sunday 24 April 2011
Fashion: Undercover chic
Hidden gems verily await at Topshop's Secret Store, a hush-hush pop-up space launching in its Oxford St branch in late May. Fortuitous shoppers will be rewarded with a tightly edited selection of collaborations with designers including Meadham Kirchoff and Ann-Sofie Back alongside pieces from the Topshop Boutique range.
Face to watch: SJ Watson
This scientist-turned-novelist's thriller Before I Go to Sleep centres on a severe amnesiac, but it won't be forgotten in a hurry: rave reviews aside, it's already been snapped up for adaptation by Ridley Scott's production company
Social networking: Match the tweet to the star
Jake Shears, Carrie Fisher, Louie Spence, Louise Bagshawe
1. Sad but true: I am too old to play Twister
2. So, Tina Fey's book made me laugh so hard on the airplane, I sobbed into my hands and had to put it away, trying not to cause a scene
3. Gone to extremes – back soon...?
4. Sometimes I just can't stop myself, I think it might have been that orange shirt got me all excited...
Answers at the bottom of the page
App watch #15: Moleskine
Writerly romance is not lost with this digital offspring of the iconic range of notebooks favoured by creative luminaries including Hemingway and Picasso. Chose from a range of Moleskine styles, whether writing pad or doodle book, and insert pictures, free-hand drawings and weighty ruminations. Free from iTunes store
Lexpionage: AV-ersion, n.
A strong disinclination to pay heed to long and furious debates about the merits of different voting systems. May well go hand-in-hand with a vague revulsion at one's own apathy
On the radar: Because some things are still worth getting excited about...
Not before time, the League of Gentlemen boys' wonderfully lurid circus of horrors rolls back into the schedules. Watch a trailer here before the second series kicks off on 5 May. bit.ly/gKUy07
Dance: Breakin' Convention
Pop and lock for the return of this hip-hop dance weekender, which this year includes a performing robot among the myriad b-boys and freestylers. Saturday to 2 May, Sadler's Wells, breakinconvention.com
The hipster dance diva is assuredly set to stomp her way back into hearts and minds with digi-tribal single "Go", which also benefits from the lascivious backing drawl of Yeah Yeah Yeah's Karen O. bit.ly/eEPznq
MATCH THE TWEET: 1. LOUISE BAGSHAWE; 2. JAKE SHEARS; 3. CARRIE FISHER; 4. LOUIE SPENCE
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are an award-winning digit...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior VMware Platform En...
£10000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...
£17000 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A distributor of specialist ele...