Agenda: Urban Outfitters and London's YMC; Adelaide Clemens; Jason Molina Benefit; Rich Kids of Instagram; Chase Rhubarb Vodka
Sunday 19 August 2012
Fashion: Go the YMC way for autumn cool
Look ahead to a cool and cosy autumn with the latest collaboration at Urban Outfitters, which has teamed up with London's YMC (it stands for You Must Create) on a capsule of snuggly knits and new-season pieces. A palette of claret and fenland greens sets the tone for a simple and nostalgic sartorial switchover. From £130, available online from 1 September, urbanoutfitters.com
Face to watch: Adelaide Clemens
The 22-year-old Australian actress is destined for acclaim, with a lead role in BBC2's upcoming adaptation of modernist epic Parade's End alongside Benedict Cumberbatch and a smaller one in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby
Lexpionage: Ajenda, *.
When a Sunday newspaper supplement considers giving over an entire page at the front of the magazine to the proposed nuptials of Jennifer Aniston, only to think rather better of it before sending the page to print
Match the tweet to the star
Sylvester McCoy, Harry Styles, Molly Ringwald, Richard Madeley
1. It's been a eel-y good day so far..
2. I'm being made an honourary citizen of Tulsa. I'm delighted to become a citizen having been a subject for so long!
3. PS If I can suffer a brutal haircut, why not the Greeks, Spanish etc? Just asking. Night all. X
4. The Greek waiter has a T shirt that says "ADD ME AS A FRIEND" and it kind of makes me want to cry.
App watch: AutoRap
Go with the flow by downloading this hip-hop variant on song-making app Songify. You can either talk into your phone and have your speech morphed into a rap, or rap along to existing songs – either way, just make sure you have excused yourself from all human contact first. Free from iTunes Store and Android Marketplace
Social network: Because some things are worth getting excited about...
Music: Jason Molina Benefit
If the band names Magnolia Electric Co and Songs: Ohia mean anything to you, get down to the Macbeth in London on 9 September for an all-dayer to raise funds for the ailing Jason Molina. bit.ly/Megwlm
Web: Rich Kids of Instagram
Prepare to be struck by a profound sense of Gaaahhhh after viewing this photography series reporting from the frontline of gilded youth. richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com
Drink: Chase Rhubarb Vodka
Simply the best alcohol to have impacted on our livers this summer. Try it with some ginger beer for full aberrant-Enid-Blyton- character deliciousness. £44.99 a bottle from Selfridges, selfridges.com
Match the tweet: 1. HarryStyles; 2. Sylvester Mccoy; 3. Richard Madeley; 4. Molly Ringwald
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...