Agenda: Urban Outfitters and London's YMC; Adelaide Clemens; Jason Molina Benefit; Rich Kids of Instagram; Chase Rhubarb Vodka
Sunday 19 August 2012
Fashion: Go the YMC way for autumn cool
Look ahead to a cool and cosy autumn with the latest collaboration at Urban Outfitters, which has teamed up with London's YMC (it stands for You Must Create) on a capsule of snuggly knits and new-season pieces. A palette of claret and fenland greens sets the tone for a simple and nostalgic sartorial switchover. From £130, available online from 1 September, urbanoutfitters.com
Face to watch: Adelaide Clemens
The 22-year-old Australian actress is destined for acclaim, with a lead role in BBC2's upcoming adaptation of modernist epic Parade's End alongside Benedict Cumberbatch and a smaller one in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby
Lexpionage: Ajenda, *.
When a Sunday newspaper supplement considers giving over an entire page at the front of the magazine to the proposed nuptials of Jennifer Aniston, only to think rather better of it before sending the page to print
Match the tweet to the star
Sylvester McCoy, Harry Styles, Molly Ringwald, Richard Madeley
1. It's been a eel-y good day so far..
2. I'm being made an honourary citizen of Tulsa. I'm delighted to become a citizen having been a subject for so long!
3. PS If I can suffer a brutal haircut, why not the Greeks, Spanish etc? Just asking. Night all. X
4. The Greek waiter has a T shirt that says "ADD ME AS A FRIEND" and it kind of makes me want to cry.
App watch: AutoRap
Go with the flow by downloading this hip-hop variant on song-making app Songify. You can either talk into your phone and have your speech morphed into a rap, or rap along to existing songs – either way, just make sure you have excused yourself from all human contact first. Free from iTunes Store and Android Marketplace
Social network: Because some things are worth getting excited about...
Music: Jason Molina Benefit
If the band names Magnolia Electric Co and Songs: Ohia mean anything to you, get down to the Macbeth in London on 9 September for an all-dayer to raise funds for the ailing Jason Molina. bit.ly/Megwlm
Web: Rich Kids of Instagram
Prepare to be struck by a profound sense of Gaaahhhh after viewing this photography series reporting from the frontline of gilded youth. richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com
Drink: Chase Rhubarb Vodka
Simply the best alcohol to have impacted on our livers this summer. Try it with some ginger beer for full aberrant-Enid-Blyton- character deliciousness. £44.99 a bottle from Selfridges, selfridges.com
Match the tweet: 1. HarryStyles; 2. Sylvester Mccoy; 3. Richard Madeley; 4. Molly Ringwald
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just doesn't add up
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.