Beauty: The best make-up brushes
Saturday 03 March 2012
1. Lip brush
To achieve the current trend for bold, bright lipstick, line the lips with pencil, scuff some pigment from the bullet with this brush, then fill in the rest.
£15, Space NK, 020-8740 2085, spacenk.com
2. Eyeliner/brow brush No 20
This will define your brows and transform your face with an ultra-fine stroke.
£16.50, Estée Lauder, 0870 034 2566, esteelauder.co.uk
3. Blusher brush
This angled brush is made with superior-quality goat hair and perfectly designed to sculpt cheeks for that runway-model look.
£34.50, Sisley, 020-7591 6380
4. Stippling brush
This is for applying liquid and cream foundation. Buff into the skin in a circular motion to create a hyper-real, dewy finish.
£10.99, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, 0800 3898 195
5. Bamboo – smudge eyeliner brush
With its useful built-in sharpener, this brush is also cruelty-free, with a bamboo and recycled aluminium handle.
£4.99, Ecotools, Boots, 0845 070 8090
6. All-over powder brush
This large, domed powder brush has impossibly soft bristles to ensure a professional, sheer application.
£78, By Terry, Space NK, as before
Aly Hazlewood is a make-up artist; aly-hazlewood.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
Near-death experiences: what it feels like to die
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 4 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...