Beauty: The best make-up brushes
Saturday 03 March 2012
1. Lip brush
To achieve the current trend for bold, bright lipstick, line the lips with pencil, scuff some pigment from the bullet with this brush, then fill in the rest.
£15, Space NK, 020-8740 2085, spacenk.com
2. Eyeliner/brow brush No 20
This will define your brows and transform your face with an ultra-fine stroke.
£16.50, Estée Lauder, 0870 034 2566, esteelauder.co.uk
3. Blusher brush
This angled brush is made with superior-quality goat hair and perfectly designed to sculpt cheeks for that runway-model look.
£34.50, Sisley, 020-7591 6380
4. Stippling brush
This is for applying liquid and cream foundation. Buff into the skin in a circular motion to create a hyper-real, dewy finish.
£10.99, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, 0800 3898 195
5. Bamboo – smudge eyeliner brush
With its useful built-in sharpener, this brush is also cruelty-free, with a bamboo and recycled aluminium handle.
£4.99, Ecotools, Boots, 0845 070 8090
6. All-over powder brush
This large, domed powder brush has impossibly soft bristles to ensure a professional, sheer application.
£78, By Terry, Space NK, as before
Aly Hazlewood is a make-up artist; aly-hazlewood.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
NHS hospitals told not to fill vacancies as cash crisis bites
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Phone batteries can be used to spy on their owners and track them around the internet
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
£35 - £50k DOE: Guru Careers: A Tax Manager / Accountant (ACA / CA / CTA) is n...
£6 - £15 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a well e...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£18000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...