Beauty: The best make-up brushes
Saturday 03 March 2012
1. Lip brush
To achieve the current trend for bold, bright lipstick, line the lips with pencil, scuff some pigment from the bullet with this brush, then fill in the rest.
£15, Space NK, 020-8740 2085, spacenk.com
2. Eyeliner/brow brush No 20
This will define your brows and transform your face with an ultra-fine stroke.
£16.50, Estée Lauder, 0870 034 2566, esteelauder.co.uk
3. Blusher brush
This angled brush is made with superior-quality goat hair and perfectly designed to sculpt cheeks for that runway-model look.
£34.50, Sisley, 020-7591 6380
4. Stippling brush
This is for applying liquid and cream foundation. Buff into the skin in a circular motion to create a hyper-real, dewy finish.
£10.99, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, 0800 3898 195
5. Bamboo – smudge eyeliner brush
With its useful built-in sharpener, this brush is also cruelty-free, with a bamboo and recycled aluminium handle.
£4.99, Ecotools, Boots, 0845 070 8090
6. All-over powder brush
This large, domed powder brush has impossibly soft bristles to ensure a professional, sheer application.
£78, By Terry, Space NK, as before
Aly Hazlewood is a make-up artist; aly-hazlewood.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company has 30 years of ex...
£27000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing cloud based I...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Product Marketing Manager...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An expanding B2B exhibition and...