Beauty: The best make-up brushes
Saturday 03 March 2012
1. Lip brush
To achieve the current trend for bold, bright lipstick, line the lips with pencil, scuff some pigment from the bullet with this brush, then fill in the rest.
£15, Space NK, 020-8740 2085, spacenk.com
2. Eyeliner/brow brush No 20
This will define your brows and transform your face with an ultra-fine stroke.
£16.50, Estée Lauder, 0870 034 2566, esteelauder.co.uk
3. Blusher brush
This angled brush is made with superior-quality goat hair and perfectly designed to sculpt cheeks for that runway-model look.
£34.50, Sisley, 020-7591 6380
4. Stippling brush
This is for applying liquid and cream foundation. Buff into the skin in a circular motion to create a hyper-real, dewy finish.
£10.99, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, 0800 3898 195
5. Bamboo – smudge eyeliner brush
With its useful built-in sharpener, this brush is also cruelty-free, with a bamboo and recycled aluminium handle.
£4.99, Ecotools, Boots, 0845 070 8090
6. All-over powder brush
This large, domed powder brush has impossibly soft bristles to ensure a professional, sheer application.
£78, By Terry, Space NK, as before
Aly Hazlewood is a make-up artist; aly-hazlewood.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Administrator - Tunbri...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 5 weeks holiday & benefits: Ashdown Group: Head of...
£21588 - £31566 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education ar...
£110 - £125 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are ur...