Beauty: The best make-up brushes
Saturday 03 March 2012
1. Lip brush
To achieve the current trend for bold, bright lipstick, line the lips with pencil, scuff some pigment from the bullet with this brush, then fill in the rest.
£15, Space NK, 020-8740 2085, spacenk.com
2. Eyeliner/brow brush No 20
This will define your brows and transform your face with an ultra-fine stroke.
£16.50, Estée Lauder, 0870 034 2566, esteelauder.co.uk
3. Blusher brush
This angled brush is made with superior-quality goat hair and perfectly designed to sculpt cheeks for that runway-model look.
£34.50, Sisley, 020-7591 6380
4. Stippling brush
This is for applying liquid and cream foundation. Buff into the skin in a circular motion to create a hyper-real, dewy finish.
£10.99, Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, 0800 3898 195
5. Bamboo – smudge eyeliner brush
With its useful built-in sharpener, this brush is also cruelty-free, with a bamboo and recycled aluminium handle.
£4.99, Ecotools, Boots, 0845 070 8090
6. All-over powder brush
This large, domed powder brush has impossibly soft bristles to ensure a professional, sheer application.
£78, By Terry, Space NK, as before
Aly Hazlewood is a make-up artist; aly-hazlewood.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
Watch teenager Collin Burns break the Rubik's Cube world record by solving puzzle in just 5.25 seconds
'Are you beach body ready?' backlash: Protein World boss labels feminist campaigners 'terrorists'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 Stephen Hawking endorses Labour in the General Election
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...