Beauty: The best pretty nail polishes
Saturday 24 March 2012
1. Sea Breeze
Avon claims to sell a nail polish every 10 seconds, so they've decided to treat their legions of fans by improving the formula – launching in May in 12 new shades.
£6, Avon, avonshop.co.uk
2. Merino cool
This understated, but still on-trend, sugar-plum polish is a more mature alternative to this season's sweet candy colours.
£9.95, Essie, nailsbymail.co.uk
Bubble-gum pink is always popular for the warmer months and two coats of this long-wearing, chip-resistant formula will transform toes for sandal weather.
£9, Filthy Gorgeous, filthygorgeouslondon.com
4. Love Hearts U&I
MUA has collaborated with the sweetie brand Love Hearts to produce six limited-edition shades for the summer.
£2, MUA, muastore.co.uk
Mavala's perfected this season's candied nail colours – choose from candy floss, fresh melon, frozen berry, lemon cream, blue mint or this delicious pistachio: yum.
6. Neon and nude collection
This mini collection of safer shades of pastels as well as bright stand-out hues, will give you the option of experimenting.
£22, Nails Inc, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have previous experience...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...