Beauty: The best pretty nail polishes
Saturday 24 March 2012
1. Sea Breeze
Avon claims to sell a nail polish every 10 seconds, so they've decided to treat their legions of fans by improving the formula – launching in May in 12 new shades.
£6, Avon, avonshop.co.uk
2. Merino cool
This understated, but still on-trend, sugar-plum polish is a more mature alternative to this season's sweet candy colours.
£9.95, Essie, nailsbymail.co.uk
Bubble-gum pink is always popular for the warmer months and two coats of this long-wearing, chip-resistant formula will transform toes for sandal weather.
£9, Filthy Gorgeous, filthygorgeouslondon.com
4. Love Hearts U&I
MUA has collaborated with the sweetie brand Love Hearts to produce six limited-edition shades for the summer.
£2, MUA, muastore.co.uk
Mavala's perfected this season's candied nail colours – choose from candy floss, fresh melon, frozen berry, lemon cream, blue mint or this delicious pistachio: yum.
6. Neon and nude collection
This mini collection of safer shades of pastels as well as bright stand-out hues, will give you the option of experimenting.
£22, Nails Inc, nailsinc.com
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...