Debbie Harry's life in style: The Blondie singer reveals her finest fashion moments
Harry's sense of style and eagerness to experiment and play dress-up make her a perennial source of inspiration to those in the fashion world
'Style icon' is a phrase that's bandied about far too readily, but it's hard to think of a more suitable turn of phrase to describe Debbie Harry.
The Blondie singer – and sometime actress – has mesmerised audiences for 40 years – a fact celebrated with a new album and world tour, which has just called in to the UK via a slot at Glastonbury last weekend (they return for V in August).
But more than just her abilities as a performer, Harry is known for her Cupid's bow lips, enviable bone structure and perfectly arched eyebrows famously captured and coloured by her friend Andy Warhol.
Her physical features may be hard to imitate, but her sense of style and eagerness to experiment and play dress-up make her a perennial source of inspiration to those in the fashion world.
As do her platinum locks and the rebel spirit that remain, despite turning 69 last week.
Harry may have relinquished the leopard-print catsuits, but rather than disappearing into the drab, demure and dull clothing of some women her age, she remains as confident as ever – perhaps because she couldn't care less.
In the gallery above, she talks us through some of her finest moments.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...