Dressing table: The best lip glosses
Beauty rules dictate that strong eyes call for a subtle lip, and as bright shadows tend to come into their own in the summer, it makes sense that now is perhaps the time to step away from the matte lipstick.
While chic for the day, a completely bare lip – as long as it's nourished rather than flaky – leaves a made-up face looking somewhat unfinished. Instead, a light, pinky lip gloss is a good compromise – adding a bit of polish without fighting your other features for attention.
Finding the shade, and consistency, to suit can be trial and error, especially for those apprehensive of too jammy a finish.
(Pictured above) Barry M Lip Gloss Wand in Coral, £4.49, barrym.com
Dior Addict Gloss, £22, dior.com, 020-7216 0216
Smashbox Gloss in VIP Pink, part of the Heatwave Set of 4 shades, £22.50, smashbox.co.uk, boots.com
Color by Benefit ultra plush lip glosses, £14.50, benefitcosmetics.com.uk
Lancôme Gloss in Love, in Under the Spotlight, £20, lancome.co.uk
Bobbi Brown Tube Tint in Pink Cloud, £16, bobbibrown.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...