Dressing table: The best lip glosses
Beauty rules dictate that strong eyes call for a subtle lip, and as bright shadows tend to come into their own in the summer, it makes sense that now is perhaps the time to step away from the matte lipstick.
While chic for the day, a completely bare lip – as long as it's nourished rather than flaky – leaves a made-up face looking somewhat unfinished. Instead, a light, pinky lip gloss is a good compromise – adding a bit of polish without fighting your other features for attention.
Finding the shade, and consistency, to suit can be trial and error, especially for those apprehensive of too jammy a finish.
(Pictured above) Barry M Lip Gloss Wand in Coral, £4.49, barrym.com
Dior Addict Gloss, £22, dior.com, 020-7216 0216
Smashbox Gloss in VIP Pink, part of the Heatwave Set of 4 shades, £22.50, smashbox.co.uk, boots.com
Color by Benefit ultra plush lip glosses, £14.50, benefitcosmetics.com.uk
Lancôme Gloss in Love, in Under the Spotlight, £20, lancome.co.uk
Bobbi Brown Tube Tint in Pink Cloud, £16, bobbibrown.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...