Dressing Table: The most glamorous red lipsticks
Saturday 12 September 2009
1. Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 17 Red Muse
The last word in luxury, this lippie from YSL comes in an ornate gold tube, smooths on easily and won't budge for hours. The narrow shape of the stick means it's easily and precisely applied, and there's the bonus of a pleasant pineapple scent. Yves Saint Laurent, £20, ysl-parfums.com
2. Repelenishing Lip Colour in 648 Stage Red
This promises to moisturise and contour your lips as you wear it, as well as looking like something straight off a film set. The perfect shade of red, it'll plump up even the thinnest of pouts. Dior, £21, 020-7216 0216
3. Lasting Finish Lipstick in 170 Alarm
A scarlet hue for scarlet women, Rimmel's show-stopping red lippie is bright enough to be cool and youthful but it doesn't border on orange, so remains a sophisticated statement. And it's a bargain. Rimmel London, £4.49, rimmellondon.com
4. Rouge Hydrabase in 65 Fire
Chanel's aesthetic of old school glamour means they really know what they're doing: This hydrating and moist lipstick contains shea butter to condition your lips, and also has a satin finish. Chanel, £20, 020-7493 3836
5. The Lipstick in 180 Ruby
How better to sex up your lips than with a fiery red from Italy's most glamorous designers? In a satisfyingly chunky platinum case, this sublime shade holds well and doesn't dry. Dolce & Gabbana, £20, Selfridges, 0800 123 400
6. Sweet Kiss Lipstick in 54 Rouge Glamour
This creamy colour is riotious and strong without being too brash. It's also supple so won't dry your lips or crack throughout the day. Bourjois, £7.82, bourjois.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
£22000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£23000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing boutique prac...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...