Dressing Table: The most glamorous red lipsticks
Saturday 12 September 2009
1. Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 17 Red Muse
The last word in luxury, this lippie from YSL comes in an ornate gold tube, smooths on easily and won't budge for hours. The narrow shape of the stick means it's easily and precisely applied, and there's the bonus of a pleasant pineapple scent. Yves Saint Laurent, £20, ysl-parfums.com
2. Repelenishing Lip Colour in 648 Stage Red
This promises to moisturise and contour your lips as you wear it, as well as looking like something straight off a film set. The perfect shade of red, it'll plump up even the thinnest of pouts. Dior, £21, 020-7216 0216
3. Lasting Finish Lipstick in 170 Alarm
A scarlet hue for scarlet women, Rimmel's show-stopping red lippie is bright enough to be cool and youthful but it doesn't border on orange, so remains a sophisticated statement. And it's a bargain. Rimmel London, £4.49, rimmellondon.com
4. Rouge Hydrabase in 65 Fire
Chanel's aesthetic of old school glamour means they really know what they're doing: This hydrating and moist lipstick contains shea butter to condition your lips, and also has a satin finish. Chanel, £20, 020-7493 3836
5. The Lipstick in 180 Ruby
How better to sex up your lips than with a fiery red from Italy's most glamorous designers? In a satisfyingly chunky platinum case, this sublime shade holds well and doesn't dry. Dolce & Gabbana, £20, Selfridges, 0800 123 400
6. Sweet Kiss Lipstick in 54 Rouge Glamour
This creamy colour is riotious and strong without being too brash. It's also supple so won't dry your lips or crack throughout the day. Bourjois, £7.82, bourjois.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video Doodle to mark the day
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...