Dressing Table: The most glamorous red lipsticks
Saturday 12 September 2009
1. Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 17 Red Muse
The last word in luxury, this lippie from YSL comes in an ornate gold tube, smooths on easily and won't budge for hours. The narrow shape of the stick means it's easily and precisely applied, and there's the bonus of a pleasant pineapple scent. Yves Saint Laurent, £20, ysl-parfums.com
2. Repelenishing Lip Colour in 648 Stage Red
This promises to moisturise and contour your lips as you wear it, as well as looking like something straight off a film set. The perfect shade of red, it'll plump up even the thinnest of pouts. Dior, £21, 020-7216 0216
3. Lasting Finish Lipstick in 170 Alarm
A scarlet hue for scarlet women, Rimmel's show-stopping red lippie is bright enough to be cool and youthful but it doesn't border on orange, so remains a sophisticated statement. And it's a bargain. Rimmel London, £4.49, rimmellondon.com
4. Rouge Hydrabase in 65 Fire
Chanel's aesthetic of old school glamour means they really know what they're doing: This hydrating and moist lipstick contains shea butter to condition your lips, and also has a satin finish. Chanel, £20, 020-7493 3836
5. The Lipstick in 180 Ruby
How better to sex up your lips than with a fiery red from Italy's most glamorous designers? In a satisfyingly chunky platinum case, this sublime shade holds well and doesn't dry. Dolce & Gabbana, £20, Selfridges, 0800 123 400
6. Sweet Kiss Lipstick in 54 Rouge Glamour
This creamy colour is riotious and strong without being too brash. It's also supple so won't dry your lips or crack throughout the day. Bourjois, £7.82, bourjois.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
The onesie is so last year... meet the Sleepwalker
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...