Dressing Table: The most glamorous red lipsticks
Saturday 12 September 2009
1. Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 17 Red Muse
The last word in luxury, this lippie from YSL comes in an ornate gold tube, smooths on easily and won't budge for hours. The narrow shape of the stick means it's easily and precisely applied, and there's the bonus of a pleasant pineapple scent. Yves Saint Laurent, £20, ysl-parfums.com
2. Repelenishing Lip Colour in 648 Stage Red
This promises to moisturise and contour your lips as you wear it, as well as looking like something straight off a film set. The perfect shade of red, it'll plump up even the thinnest of pouts. Dior, £21, 020-7216 0216
3. Lasting Finish Lipstick in 170 Alarm
A scarlet hue for scarlet women, Rimmel's show-stopping red lippie is bright enough to be cool and youthful but it doesn't border on orange, so remains a sophisticated statement. And it's a bargain. Rimmel London, £4.49, rimmellondon.com
4. Rouge Hydrabase in 65 Fire
Chanel's aesthetic of old school glamour means they really know what they're doing: This hydrating and moist lipstick contains shea butter to condition your lips, and also has a satin finish. Chanel, £20, 020-7493 3836
5. The Lipstick in 180 Ruby
How better to sex up your lips than with a fiery red from Italy's most glamorous designers? In a satisfyingly chunky platinum case, this sublime shade holds well and doesn't dry. Dolce & Gabbana, £20, Selfridges, 0800 123 400
6. Sweet Kiss Lipstick in 54 Rouge Glamour
This creamy colour is riotious and strong without being too brash. It's also supple so won't dry your lips or crack throughout the day. Bourjois, £7.82, bourjois.co.uk
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...