Essentials: Cassette Playa
Sunday 09 December 2007
"Cartoon couture" is the best way to describe my style — a toxic-bright blend of patterns, graphic shapes, street and sportswear with a focus on sub-cultures.
My favourite T-shirt is a vintage Bart Simpson from FruitionLV (www.fruition lv.com) I got it from the MIA "Boyz" video shoot in Jamaica. I also wear a lot of stuff from my own range, such as my Emo Duck digital print T-shirt and felt-tip op-art tracksuit (www.cassette playa.com).
Ridley Road Market (Dalston, London E8) is my favourite place in London. I love its energy. You can get your veg and an outfit for the weekend in one go.
Hideout (7 Upper James Street, London W1, www.hideoutstore.com) is the coolest shop in London for brands such as PAM, Goodenough and Kaws.
My top beauty tip is to get your nails done professionally, so even if you're just wearing tracksuit bottoms you feel good.
Cassette Playa was nominated for Best menswear designer at last month's British Fashion Awards
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...