Fashion: The spring/summer 2014 menswear collections relive the days of rave
Saturday 22 March 2014
The Haçienda rides again - albeit, in a fresh-from-the-box form.
The spring/summer 2014 menswear collections, with their neon brights, pop graphics and abbreviated shapes, owe a debt to Peter Saville's Factory and the hyped-up Postmodern interiors of legendary eighties Madchester super-club The Haçienda.
Raf Simons offered an ode to Belgium’s early-nineties Gabba scene in an art gallery in Paris, while Christopher Shannon relived sweat-soaked club culture at the turn of the century in latex-clad lads with glitter-smeared hair-dos.
Add Craig Green’s psychedelic tie-dye and the acieeed brights of Ferragamo, Vuitton et al, and the future’s looking bright.
Styling: Lee Holmes
Photographs: Tomo Brejc
Models: Matt at Select and George at Fm
Grooming: Tim Pateman using Bumble and Bumble and Dermalogica
Shot on location at the Tin Studio, castlegibson.com
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 review: not an overhaul, but the iPhone is gradually growing up
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
£100 - £110 per day + Travel Scheme and Free Professional Training: Randstad E...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - Camden / Ken...
£100 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Year 5 class teacher vacan...
£50 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you an SEN Learning Supp...