Fashion: The spring/summer 2014 menswear collections relive the days of rave
Saturday 22 March 2014
The Haçienda rides again - albeit, in a fresh-from-the-box form.
The spring/summer 2014 menswear collections, with their neon brights, pop graphics and abbreviated shapes, owe a debt to Peter Saville's Factory and the hyped-up Postmodern interiors of legendary eighties Madchester super-club The Haçienda.
Raf Simons offered an ode to Belgium’s early-nineties Gabba scene in an art gallery in Paris, while Christopher Shannon relived sweat-soaked club culture at the turn of the century in latex-clad lads with glitter-smeared hair-dos.
Add Craig Green’s psychedelic tie-dye and the acieeed brights of Ferragamo, Vuitton et al, and the future’s looking bright.
Styling: Lee Holmes
Photographs: Tomo Brejc
Models: Matt at Select and George at Fm
Grooming: Tim Pateman using Bumble and Bumble and Dermalogica
Shot on location at the Tin Studio, castlegibson.com
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: A VERY HIGH QUALITY FIRM A high qual...
£50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer (Systems Administration, L...