Get the look: Glamorous camouflage
Sunday 01 September 2013
Glam Cam? As in, our dear PM, buffed and bronzed for a photo call?
Nope; it's just a painful way of referring to the new camouflage trend for AW13. Came up with it myself.
I'd never have guessed. Tell me what's so glamorous about camouflage fatigues again?
First of all, although there is a big dash of 1990s revival in this trend, it doesn't have to be about All Saints-style combat pants. Minidresses, flippy skirts and blazers – basically, all the items most incompatible with camo's original purpose – are getting the treatment too.
I'm not going to be crawling around any forest floors in this lot then.
I wouldn't. It also wouldn't do you much good given lots of it has been reworked in bright colours and a painterly style. This McQ bodycon number (£345, my-wardrobe.com), for example, would conceal your presence only if you were hiding out in an Elton John-sized bouquet of roses.
And how about something a little more casual?
I like Asos's textured blazer (£55, asos.com) in blues and greys for some relaxed structure over jeans and a top. It's also a good trans-seasonal jacket for autumn, although unfortunately it's the wrong colour to blend in with the leaves.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
£30000 - £250000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Stock Broker/ Trainee FX, Stoc...
£30 - 40k + Benefits & Bonus: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is the single governing and regul...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This high quality thread manufa...