Get the look: Glamorous camouflage
Sunday 01 September 2013
Glam Cam? As in, our dear PM, buffed and bronzed for a photo call?
Nope; it's just a painful way of referring to the new camouflage trend for AW13. Came up with it myself.
I'd never have guessed. Tell me what's so glamorous about camouflage fatigues again?
First of all, although there is a big dash of 1990s revival in this trend, it doesn't have to be about All Saints-style combat pants. Minidresses, flippy skirts and blazers – basically, all the items most incompatible with camo's original purpose – are getting the treatment too.
I'm not going to be crawling around any forest floors in this lot then.
I wouldn't. It also wouldn't do you much good given lots of it has been reworked in bright colours and a painterly style. This McQ bodycon number (£345, my-wardrobe.com), for example, would conceal your presence only if you were hiding out in an Elton John-sized bouquet of roses.
And how about something a little more casual?
I like Asos's textured blazer (£55, asos.com) in blues and greys for some relaxed structure over jeans and a top. It's also a good trans-seasonal jacket for autumn, although unfortunately it's the wrong colour to blend in with the leaves.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...