Get the look: How to wear shorts
Sunday 23 June 2013
I won't do it I tell you
Right, you're going to swelter in jeans all summer? That might fly if you're not leaving this isle, but for your own comfort in hot climes you've simply got to let the air get at your knees.
The knees aren't the problem… it's the thighs
Agreed, some of the micros kicking around have been repurposed from kidswear, but don't think bum-skimming cut-offs. The beach should be the only public arena for that level of exposure.
You're telling me there's a short to suit everyone?
Admittedly, if your legs aren't great then shorts should not be the core of your wardrobe. Those with good pins, however, will find a cornucopia of options from perky printed denims to smart tailoring. These loose, sports-luxe shorts from Emma Cook (£216, my-wardrobe.com) are casual with a tee and flats or sharpened up with a jacket and wedges.
And the rest?
If your legs fall more in the "good enough" category, look for something loosely tailored that falls a little lower. We like Mango's black wrapped waist shorts (£27.99, johnlewis.com). At some point, feel the fear and do it anyway.
Want to ward off (or welcome) trick-or-treaters? Here's how
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this tutorial
Five year old British boy becomes youngest ever qualified computer specialist
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Woman successfully sues Google for showing her with 'part of her breast exposed' on Street View
Halloween 2014: Google celebrates All Hallows' Eve with Doodle
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...