Get the look: How to wear shorts
Sunday 23 June 2013
I won't do it I tell you
Right, you're going to swelter in jeans all summer? That might fly if you're not leaving this isle, but for your own comfort in hot climes you've simply got to let the air get at your knees.
The knees aren't the problem… it's the thighs
Agreed, some of the micros kicking around have been repurposed from kidswear, but don't think bum-skimming cut-offs. The beach should be the only public arena for that level of exposure.
You're telling me there's a short to suit everyone?
Admittedly, if your legs aren't great then shorts should not be the core of your wardrobe. Those with good pins, however, will find a cornucopia of options from perky printed denims to smart tailoring. These loose, sports-luxe shorts from Emma Cook (£216, my-wardrobe.com) are casual with a tee and flats or sharpened up with a jacket and wedges.
And the rest?
If your legs fall more in the "good enough" category, look for something loosely tailored that falls a little lower. We like Mango's black wrapped waist shorts (£27.99, johnlewis.com). At some point, feel the fear and do it anyway.
Life & Style blogs
Pioneering 3D printing used to rebuild British man's face
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Corporate / Commercial Solicitor - Buckinghams...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Construct...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are currently ...