Get the look: Slouchy trousers
Sunday 19 May 2013
You mean nice, comfy tracksuit bottoms? Huzzah!
Woah there with the leisurewear, love. Actually, I'm referring to this season's statement trews, which are big and baggy and, in this respect, a little bit like trackie bottoms. Albeit very smart, glamorous ones.
Statement trousers, eh? No elasticated waists, then?
It depends: the sportier iterations of this trend fully embrace a drawstring or elasticated waist; smarter pants come tailored in bold proportions.
Am I right that oversized styles are a fashion faux ami?
If you're asking whether loose trousers perversely make you look fatter than slimmer-cut styles, then no. It's just that they don't necessarily make you look slimmer either. For a flattering result you need to consider fabric and print.
If, like most British females, you're a bit heavier on your bottom half then steer away from voluminous leather or white-silk versions. Having said that, don't fear print or colour – these paper-bag waist trews by Denmark's Just Female (above, £78, asos.com) play it safe in black, but there are some flattering optical possibilities offered by Mango's scarf-print wide legs (£34.99, mango.com), for instance.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£700 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Data Warehouse Programme Manager (SQL, ...
£700 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Technical Programme Manager, (Static Da...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: MI Reporting Developer Oracle, SQL, PL...