Gifts to help lunch go off with a bang
The world of beauty may already have Christmas gifting wrapped up in the form of sets of smellies, but a host of brands has also branched out into crackers to ensure lunch goes off with a bang.
Instead of flinging the usual cheap plastic keyrings into the nooks and crannies of your dining room, there are skincare and beauty miniatures to please the most discerning of guests.
For mixed parties, a set from Kiehl's (£35) containing mini skincare treats for men and women will engender some good-natured swapping, while each of Maison Martin Margiela's newsprint crackers (£40) contains a 7ml bottle of (Untitled), the brand's unisex fragrance.
For luxury lovers, Estée Lauder (£45) and Lancôme (£50) both have offerings that combine the skincare excellence and much-loved make-up that have made the brands global powerhouses. Lancôme's selection includes its much-loved Hypnose mascara, a Juicy Tube lipgloss and the lovely smelling and gently effective eye make-up remover, Bi-Facil, as well as a beauty tip instead of a lame joke. While lovers of all things traditional will find enclosed a paper hat to put a smile on their beautifully made-up face.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...