Grand National: Meanwhile, at the water jump
Saturday 14 April 2012
The fashion stakes were raised yesterday as thousands of women descended upon Aintree for Grand National Ladies' Day.
But some of the estimated 50,000 punters were forced to don unplanned accessories to protect their finery after the rain set in during the afternoon.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Detective novelist who wrote Death comes to Pemberley passed away peacefully at her home, aged 94
Sites using the popular Gigya comment platform were attacked by the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA)
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
NHS could triple number of weight-loss surgeries to reduce number of obese Britons
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£12 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Our Client has been the leader in the events...
£35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An award winning field marketing agency ...
£10000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A professional telesales/appoin...
£30000 - £250000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global Rolling Spot FX, Comm...