How To Be Beautiful: A little something to lift the eyes
Sunday 22 April 2012
Stars of Golden Age Hollywood – particularly those d'un certain age – are said to have dunked their heads in iced water prior to a day in the studio, in an attempt to temporarily undo gravity's handiwork. Fortunately, today's generation of beauty products offers similar, instantaneous effects in a more targeted manner.
While it's probably too much to expect results produced in a matter of moments to last, this crop of lifting and tightening eye treatments are more than capable of tackling temporary puffiness and pillow-drag first thing in the morning.
Delivered via handy rollerball applicators or gently brushed on the eye area, these gels and lotions often have a cooling effect that's redoubled if kept in the fridge – a pleasant wake-up call under any circumstances, but all the more so in hot weather or on a hangover. I'll leave you to decide which might be the more common occurrence for the average UK resident.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
£49000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...