How To Be Beautiful: A little something to lift the eyes
Sunday 22 April 2012
Stars of Golden Age Hollywood – particularly those d'un certain age – are said to have dunked their heads in iced water prior to a day in the studio, in an attempt to temporarily undo gravity's handiwork. Fortunately, today's generation of beauty products offers similar, instantaneous effects in a more targeted manner.
While it's probably too much to expect results produced in a matter of moments to last, this crop of lifting and tightening eye treatments are more than capable of tackling temporary puffiness and pillow-drag first thing in the morning.
Delivered via handy rollerball applicators or gently brushed on the eye area, these gels and lotions often have a cooling effect that's redoubled if kept in the fridge – a pleasant wake-up call under any circumstances, but all the more so in hot weather or on a hangover. I'll leave you to decide which might be the more common occurrence for the average UK resident.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...