How To Be Beautiful: Blemish treatments
Sunday 13 May 2012
One unexpected benefit of passing from teenage years into adulthood is that, if you're lucky, 10 per cent of your brain is no longer wasted on the daily monitoring of spots. The period of grace before that same 10 per cent is diverted to wrinkle-watch may be woefully brief, but since lines progress imperceptibly, it's impossible to maintain a vigil of the same intensity.
Most galling, then, are those occasions in adult life when you're also forced to contend with a sudden adolescent-style breakout. It's in the natural order of things that this will occur just before a big event, worst-case scenario being the job interview.
But where once a smear of toothpaste might have had to suffice, there are now plenty of targeted products designed to speed up the healing process. Best of all, some of them – given 24 hours – really work. Would that there were similarly speedy fixes for wrinkles.
Life & Style blogs
Google Photos tags black people as 'gorillas', puts pictures in special folder
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
What happens to your body when you drink too much water during exercise?
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 3 Alton Towers Air breaks down: 80 people stuck on broken down Monorail during heatwave
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you familiar with the sayin...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care organisation take pride in del...
£6 - £7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care organisation take pride in del...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...