How To Be Beautiful: Coloured mascaras
Sunday 22 July 2012
Just as the couture catwalks aren't the best place to scout for a new wardrobe (unless your budget ends in six zeroes), the make-up that complements the super-luxe clothes enjoys an equally tenuous relation to the everyday.
Or at least that was once the case, back when the mood in cosmetics was less colourful. So when Dior designer Raf Simons sent models out with fluoro lashes at Paris Couture Week earlier this month, it didn't seem such a giant leap from runway to real world.
You may have already enjoyed a flirtation with coloured mascara, either out of boredom with basic black or because a kindly counter assistant once explained that blue brings out your eye colour (which may be true, but is also a cute selling technique, as they know you're less likely to own blue mascara than black)
For a contemporary take, layer a colour over black for added depth and flattering softness. Or try black on upper lashes and another colour on lower.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Full Stack ...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...