How To Be Beautiful: Coloured mascaras
Sunday 22 July 2012
Just as the couture catwalks aren't the best place to scout for a new wardrobe (unless your budget ends in six zeroes), the make-up that complements the super-luxe clothes enjoys an equally tenuous relation to the everyday.
Or at least that was once the case, back when the mood in cosmetics was less colourful. So when Dior designer Raf Simons sent models out with fluoro lashes at Paris Couture Week earlier this month, it didn't seem such a giant leap from runway to real world.
You may have already enjoyed a flirtation with coloured mascara, either out of boredom with basic black or because a kindly counter assistant once explained that blue brings out your eye colour (which may be true, but is also a cute selling technique, as they know you're less likely to own blue mascara than black)
For a contemporary take, layer a colour over black for added depth and flattering softness. Or try black on upper lashes and another colour on lower.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...