How To Be Beautiful: Coloured mascaras
Sunday 22 July 2012
Just as the couture catwalks aren't the best place to scout for a new wardrobe (unless your budget ends in six zeroes), the make-up that complements the super-luxe clothes enjoys an equally tenuous relation to the everyday.
Or at least that was once the case, back when the mood in cosmetics was less colourful. So when Dior designer Raf Simons sent models out with fluoro lashes at Paris Couture Week earlier this month, it didn't seem such a giant leap from runway to real world.
You may have already enjoyed a flirtation with coloured mascara, either out of boredom with basic black or because a kindly counter assistant once explained that blue brings out your eye colour (which may be true, but is also a cute selling technique, as they know you're less likely to own blue mascara than black)
For a contemporary take, layer a colour over black for added depth and flattering softness. Or try black on upper lashes and another colour on lower.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...