How To Be Beautiful: Do calm down!
Sunday 12 August 2012
You know you're in a bad place when even your skin is angry with you. Maybe you've been running around flirting with all sorts of unsuitable products. Or maybe you didn't notice that while you were happily knocking back margaritas and tearing through cheap fiction poolside, your skin was growing quietly livid.
Eventually, it will respond with a flare-up of sensitivity, usually involving unsightly dry, red patches – its own way of standing up and shouting, "Oi! I'm still here you know!"
If you're ordinarily blessed with a fairly tolerant complexion, this comes as a shock. Unlike a break-out of spots, covering it with make-up only irritates further. Those with perennial sensitivity will know that finding things that work is an epic personal quest involving a lengthy process of trial and error. For temporarily stressed-out skin, however, simple products free from active ingredients are the route to dermal forgiveness.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: You will also work alongside their seasoned sa...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for your first step into...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This innovative company working...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...