How To Be Beautiful: Do calm down!
Sunday 12 August 2012
You know you're in a bad place when even your skin is angry with you. Maybe you've been running around flirting with all sorts of unsuitable products. Or maybe you didn't notice that while you were happily knocking back margaritas and tearing through cheap fiction poolside, your skin was growing quietly livid.
Eventually, it will respond with a flare-up of sensitivity, usually involving unsightly dry, red patches – its own way of standing up and shouting, "Oi! I'm still here you know!"
If you're ordinarily blessed with a fairly tolerant complexion, this comes as a shock. Unlike a break-out of spots, covering it with make-up only irritates further. Those with perennial sensitivity will know that finding things that work is an epic personal quest involving a lengthy process of trial and error. For temporarily stressed-out skin, however, simple products free from active ingredients are the route to dermal forgiveness.
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...