How To Be Beautiful: Do calm down!
Sunday 12 August 2012
You know you're in a bad place when even your skin is angry with you. Maybe you've been running around flirting with all sorts of unsuitable products. Or maybe you didn't notice that while you were happily knocking back margaritas and tearing through cheap fiction poolside, your skin was growing quietly livid.
Eventually, it will respond with a flare-up of sensitivity, usually involving unsightly dry, red patches – its own way of standing up and shouting, "Oi! I'm still here you know!"
If you're ordinarily blessed with a fairly tolerant complexion, this comes as a shock. Unlike a break-out of spots, covering it with make-up only irritates further. Those with perennial sensitivity will know that finding things that work is an epic personal quest involving a lengthy process of trial and error. For temporarily stressed-out skin, however, simple products free from active ingredients are the route to dermal forgiveness.
Life & Style blogs
Is it the end of the road for three-point turn in driving test?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 School playground evacuated over 'unusually aggressive' grey squirrel
- 2 Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke beats opponent 33 years his junior in exhibition boxing match
- 3 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 4 Today was a bad day for renters, landlords, and democracy
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...