How To Be Beautiful: Full coverage foundation
Sunday 24 March 2013
Spring is traditionally a time when we're exhorted to freshen up our maquillage with brighter shades and lighter formulations – but sometimes namby-pamby tinted moisturisers and BB (Blemish Balm) creams just won't cut it for creating a flawless complexion. Age spots and pigmentation, for example, need a little more help.
While "maximum coverage" always sounds reminiscent of claggy old-style panstick foundation, the best versions are intended for just the opposite effect. A thin layer of a highly pigmented formula, in combination with primer and concealer, will look far less artificial than piling on quantities of sheerer products.
Of course, once summer truly kicks in or you head off for balmier climes, full coverage may look and feel a little de trop on the beach, for example. There are two solutions for this: just use a BB (with SPF, naturally) and to hell with worrying about age spots when you're on the beach. Or – my preferred solution also for bikini diets – just don't go to the beach at all.
Autograph Ultimate Wear Long-lasting foundation
Medium coverage in a long-wear formula £12, marksandspencer.com
Lancôme Teint Visionnaire
As near as you'll get to perfectly even skin £36, lancome.co.uk
Aerin Fresh Skin Compact Make-up
Good for maximum coverage on the go
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Global leader in its respective ...
£130 - £161 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Do you have a qualificatio...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: The school is much la...