How To Be Beautiful: Full coverage foundation
Sunday 24 March 2013
Spring is traditionally a time when we're exhorted to freshen up our maquillage with brighter shades and lighter formulations – but sometimes namby-pamby tinted moisturisers and BB (Blemish Balm) creams just won't cut it for creating a flawless complexion. Age spots and pigmentation, for example, need a little more help.
While "maximum coverage" always sounds reminiscent of claggy old-style panstick foundation, the best versions are intended for just the opposite effect. A thin layer of a highly pigmented formula, in combination with primer and concealer, will look far less artificial than piling on quantities of sheerer products.
Of course, once summer truly kicks in or you head off for balmier climes, full coverage may look and feel a little de trop on the beach, for example. There are two solutions for this: just use a BB (with SPF, naturally) and to hell with worrying about age spots when you're on the beach. Or – my preferred solution also for bikini diets – just don't go to the beach at all.
Autograph Ultimate Wear Long-lasting foundation
Medium coverage in a long-wear formula £12, marksandspencer.com
Lancôme Teint Visionnaire
As near as you'll get to perfectly even skin £36, lancome.co.uk
Aerin Fresh Skin Compact Make-up
Good for maximum coverage on the go
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...