How To Be Beautiful: Multi-purpose beauty balms
Sunday 26 August 2012
The word "multi-purpose" usually arouses a bit of suspicion when applied to cosmetics, calling to mind various two or even three-in-one innovations that were grand in theory, but in practice turned out to be good-for-nothing products.
In truth, very few shades or formulations really suit eyes, lips and cheeks – at least, not belonging to the same person anyway. And if two-in-one shampoo and conditioner still exists, it shouldn't.
Perhaps the only exception to this rule is a good-quality beauty balm, the Swiss army knife of skin care. These ultra-rich moisturisers deal with everything from dry skin to chapped lips and sunburn and can be used to treat bruises, insect bites and sore muscles, depending on the brand you pick and its particular formula.
Were you to be marooned on a desert island with nothing but your make-up bag, it's probably the only item that you'd be genuinely quite glad to have shelled out for.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 Toby Sheldon: Justin Bieber lookalike found dead in motel room
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Pregnant teenager Neysi Perez 'wakes up in coffin' a day after her funeral
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing, ambitious, en...