How To Be Beautiful: Multi-purpose beauty balms
Sunday 26 August 2012
The word "multi-purpose" usually arouses a bit of suspicion when applied to cosmetics, calling to mind various two or even three-in-one innovations that were grand in theory, but in practice turned out to be good-for-nothing products.
In truth, very few shades or formulations really suit eyes, lips and cheeks – at least, not belonging to the same person anyway. And if two-in-one shampoo and conditioner still exists, it shouldn't.
Perhaps the only exception to this rule is a good-quality beauty balm, the Swiss army knife of skin care. These ultra-rich moisturisers deal with everything from dry skin to chapped lips and sunburn and can be used to treat bruises, insect bites and sore muscles, depending on the brand you pick and its particular formula.
Were you to be marooned on a desert island with nothing but your make-up bag, it's probably the only item that you'd be genuinely quite glad to have shelled out for.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£25000 - £32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Business Analyst - Banking...
£21999 - £27001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Do you have exten...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£42000 - £51000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Are You Receiving...