How to be Beautiful: Neon brights
Sunday 08 April 2012
Catwalk fashion has provided us with plenty of fodder for "Can I really wear that?" moments on the high street this season. Exhibit A: the crop top. Likewise, beauty halls are awash with eye-popping shades of electric blue and effulgent yellow that are a tricky proposition for anyone old enough to vote.
The advantage of a make-up trend, however, is that it can be diluted easily without entirely losing its essence. While playing around with the proportions of a crop top will leave you with something that is just, well, a top, the new neon shades can be worn any number of ways and, even at their subtlest, retain their primary punch. A wash of vivid colour on the eyes, for instance (with other make-up kept minimal), looks beautifully contemporary; vibrant pink or orange lipstick requires less skill – and is much more flattering than you might imagine. And if neons still make you nervous, nails are always a safe place for experimentation.
Life & Style blogs
Versace haute couture review: Beautiful evening dresses are some of the loveliest Donatella has ever created
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 2 What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
- 3 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 4 Black teen in critical condition after store employee 'shoots him for stealing 79-cent pack of cookies'
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£25000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's premier supplie...
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...