How to be Beautiful: Neon brights
Sunday 08 April 2012
Catwalk fashion has provided us with plenty of fodder for "Can I really wear that?" moments on the high street this season. Exhibit A: the crop top. Likewise, beauty halls are awash with eye-popping shades of electric blue and effulgent yellow that are a tricky proposition for anyone old enough to vote.
The advantage of a make-up trend, however, is that it can be diluted easily without entirely losing its essence. While playing around with the proportions of a crop top will leave you with something that is just, well, a top, the new neon shades can be worn any number of ways and, even at their subtlest, retain their primary punch. A wash of vivid colour on the eyes, for instance (with other make-up kept minimal), looks beautifully contemporary; vibrant pink or orange lipstick requires less skill – and is much more flattering than you might imagine. And if neons still make you nervous, nails are always a safe place for experimentation.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic and exciting opport...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is an independent ...
£14625 - £20625 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This role is for an enthusiasti...
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...