How To Be Beautiful: On the lash with the 1960s Twiggy look
Sunday 15 January 2012
The best thing about a beauty trend is that you have a little time to observe its success or failure on others before deciding you want in. In fashion, if you take three months to decide that denim harem pants could work for you, you'll have missed the boat (incidentally, you'd also be wrong).
Beauty tends not to have fads and crazes, so much as modes – longer, gentler cycles – which means that even now it's not too late to hop on an autumn/winter look. Especially since, in the case of the full, 1960s-style lashes on the catwalk at Miu Miu and Chloé, this one is universally flattering.
If you haven't Twiggy-fied your eyelashes thus far, do it now while the light levels are still low. Va-va-voom mascara, which for period authenticity should be applied liberally to top and bottom lashes, is a look that goes off in the summer sun, not least because the smudge factor is higher in the heat. However, that's not to say that it can't look fresh; just keep everything else simple.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...