How To Be Beautiful: On the lash with the 1960s Twiggy look
Sunday 15 January 2012
The best thing about a beauty trend is that you have a little time to observe its success or failure on others before deciding you want in. In fashion, if you take three months to decide that denim harem pants could work for you, you'll have missed the boat (incidentally, you'd also be wrong).
Beauty tends not to have fads and crazes, so much as modes – longer, gentler cycles – which means that even now it's not too late to hop on an autumn/winter look. Especially since, in the case of the full, 1960s-style lashes on the catwalk at Miu Miu and Chloé, this one is universally flattering.
If you haven't Twiggy-fied your eyelashes thus far, do it now while the light levels are still low. Va-va-voom mascara, which for period authenticity should be applied liberally to top and bottom lashes, is a look that goes off in the summer sun, not least because the smudge factor is higher in the heat. However, that's not to say that it can't look fresh; just keep everything else simple.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
£35000 - £43000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Principal Arboricu...
£17000 - £18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Trainee Digital Fo...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...