How To Be Beautiful: Put your neck on the line
Sunday 20 January 2013
Pity your neck – it's a part of the body that gets little attention while it's in its prime. It's only when indelible creases start to form that you begin to study it in the mirror, realising that here's another part of your body on which to track the passage of time. It's then, too, that you look at models and envy the smooth skin on their throats as much as their svelte thighs.
Of course, in ye olden days, when we tended to expose less flesh, women knew the value of looking after their neck and décolleté – I remember a period drama in which a feckless husband spitefully told his wife he'd been having a fling with "a Spanish beauty, with a neck line a swan". Ah, those were the days, when fancy women were chosen on the basis of such subtle attributes.
In many cases, the anti-ageing properties of your facial moisturiser will do nicely for your neck, too. But if you think you need something a little heavier duty, a dedicated cream isn't as frivolous as it sounds.
Life & Style blogs
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...