How To Be Beautiful: Put your neck on the line
Sunday 20 January 2013
Pity your neck – it's a part of the body that gets little attention while it's in its prime. It's only when indelible creases start to form that you begin to study it in the mirror, realising that here's another part of your body on which to track the passage of time. It's then, too, that you look at models and envy the smooth skin on their throats as much as their svelte thighs.
Of course, in ye olden days, when we tended to expose less flesh, women knew the value of looking after their neck and décolleté – I remember a period drama in which a feckless husband spitefully told his wife he'd been having a fling with "a Spanish beauty, with a neck line a swan". Ah, those were the days, when fancy women were chosen on the basis of such subtle attributes.
In many cases, the anti-ageing properties of your facial moisturiser will do nicely for your neck, too. But if you think you need something a little heavier duty, a dedicated cream isn't as frivolous as it sounds.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...
£11 - £13 per hour: Pro-Recruitment Group: ***Temporary Purchase Ledger Clerk ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...