How To Be Beautiful: Put your neck on the line
Sunday 20 January 2013
Pity your neck – it's a part of the body that gets little attention while it's in its prime. It's only when indelible creases start to form that you begin to study it in the mirror, realising that here's another part of your body on which to track the passage of time. It's then, too, that you look at models and envy the smooth skin on their throats as much as their svelte thighs.
Of course, in ye olden days, when we tended to expose less flesh, women knew the value of looking after their neck and décolleté – I remember a period drama in which a feckless husband spitefully told his wife he'd been having a fling with "a Spanish beauty, with a neck line a swan". Ah, those were the days, when fancy women were chosen on the basis of such subtle attributes.
In many cases, the anti-ageing properties of your facial moisturiser will do nicely for your neck, too. But if you think you need something a little heavier duty, a dedicated cream isn't as frivolous as it sounds.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 will function as 'mobile wallet' following Apple deal with Visa - reports
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
£30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Front-Of...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Developer C++, Python, STL, R, PD...
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Java/Calypso Developer Java, Calypso, J2EE, J...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer SQL, C#, Stored Procedures, MDX...