How to be Beautiful: Soothe your skin
Sunday 10 March 2013
Balm. The word alone seems to have soothing properties. While so much of our beauty regimes is devoted to scrubbing and stripping, pummelling and plucking, slathering on an unctuous balm seems like a rare act of kindness towards the skin.
Though it feels natural to use one on your lips, leaving a balm on the rest of one's face, even just overnight, can be a little full-on for those who instantly connect anything vaguely oily with spots.
A balm cleanser is the perfect solution – gliding on gently, lifting away impurities and then leaving your skin nice and supple once washed off. Throw a muslin cloth, dipped in hot water, into the removal process and you'll get an exfoliation that's gentle enough for every day.
Even more pleasing, however, is the fact that most balm cleansers will double up to remove eye make-up, offering you a neat short cut at the end of the day to the most nourishing balm of all: sleep.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...