How to be Beautiful: Soothe your skin
Sunday 10 March 2013
Balm. The word alone seems to have soothing properties. While so much of our beauty regimes is devoted to scrubbing and stripping, pummelling and plucking, slathering on an unctuous balm seems like a rare act of kindness towards the skin.
Though it feels natural to use one on your lips, leaving a balm on the rest of one's face, even just overnight, can be a little full-on for those who instantly connect anything vaguely oily with spots.
A balm cleanser is the perfect solution – gliding on gently, lifting away impurities and then leaving your skin nice and supple once washed off. Throw a muslin cloth, dipped in hot water, into the removal process and you'll get an exfoliation that's gentle enough for every day.
Even more pleasing, however, is the fact that most balm cleansers will double up to remove eye make-up, offering you a neat short cut at the end of the day to the most nourishing balm of all: sleep.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...