How To Be Beautiful: Straighten up and fly right
Sunday 15 July 2012
If your hair is anything less than dead-straight, you may well have spent the past couple of years with a dim awareness that the trend for tousled, wavy locks couldn't last.
It was fun – and blissfully easy – while it did, but the spring and autumn catwalks were full of poker-straight styles and blunt fringes that suggest easy-breezy kinks and curls are no longer a fashion favourite. Instead, think Gatsby-inspired bobs or long, volume-free 1990s looks.
Of course, acknowledging trends shouldn't trump personal style – or, indeed, physical reality. So forget the geometric chop if your hair is likely to morph into a frizzy cloud at the first sign of humidity.
A subtle seasonal update is never a bad thing, though, and if you're wedded to mussed-up, boho tresses, now is the time to consider something a little more polished – think city rather than beach. The products below make that transition as painless as possible.
Life & Style blogs
Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' bug: how to be safe from iOS flaw that lets people crash iPhone with text
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 3 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 4 Bahar Mustafa: Goldsmiths Students' Union diversity officer to keep her job after vote of no confidence petition fails
- 5 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Web Designer is required to join a f...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to develop an ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's fastest growing full s...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...