How to be beautiful: The best face masks
Sunday 01 April 2012
It takes a certain level of dedication to manage a regular face mask. For some, the idea borders on the ridiculous; lounging around slathered in inch-thick goo (presumably while painting your nails, talking on the telephone and eating pink bonbons) is just a bit 1950s starlet. Vanity never goes out of fashion, of course, but these days indulging it needs to take a shorter, snappier form.
Or does it? Bathing and beautifying are, like it or not, one of the few areas of our lives that still punctuate our days with comforting mini-rituals. Likewise, a weekly or monthly face mask, applied before a soak in the bath or a sit-down with a cup of tea (you can even talk on the phone and eat bonbons if you must) is as good a device as any for building some reassuring repetition into the madness. That the best on the market also have instant, visible benefits is merely a bonus.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...