How to be beautiful: The best face masks
Sunday 01 April 2012
It takes a certain level of dedication to manage a regular face mask. For some, the idea borders on the ridiculous; lounging around slathered in inch-thick goo (presumably while painting your nails, talking on the telephone and eating pink bonbons) is just a bit 1950s starlet. Vanity never goes out of fashion, of course, but these days indulging it needs to take a shorter, snappier form.
Or does it? Bathing and beautifying are, like it or not, one of the few areas of our lives that still punctuate our days with comforting mini-rituals. Likewise, a weekly or monthly face mask, applied before a soak in the bath or a sit-down with a cup of tea (you can even talk on the phone and eat bonbons if you must) is as good a device as any for building some reassuring repetition into the madness. That the best on the market also have instant, visible benefits is merely a bonus.
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 2 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 3 Alton Towers Air breaks down: 80 people stuck on broken down Monorail during heatwave
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
£15000 - £16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you've got first class custo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a medium s...
£11830 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working in a friendly, sales ta...
£15000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...